Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Magi: Balthasar of Arabia

Copaiba balsam, black oudh, Ceylon cinnamon, vegetal musk, and ambrette seed.

Oudh, greenish musk, and a touch of cinnamon and balsam. This one has a greener edge than I expected. It's actually a fairly gender neutral/masculine cologne type and I'm surprised at the number of scents this update has had for the fellas. This one is nice and soft, and very pleasant. I'm actually going to try this on mr. zee_zee. Good throw and wear length.

Quick in-the-decant review: Damp, woody oudh. If this scent had a color, it would be red. Actually, maybe that's the cinnamon that I'm smelling. :think: The Magis would do well layered, as another reviewer mentioned.

After reading the scent description, I'm not at all sure that my review is going to be any help to anyone.

The main note I smell in this is frankincense. Wet, it's straight up woody frankincense with a balsam edge to it. Maaaybe a bit of oudh around the edges.

Dry, it's powdery frankincense and greenery. Lovely incense, very mild throw, decent longevity. I have no idea how I'm getting frankincense out of this, or why I don't smell the cinnamon.