Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
armeleia

Unsettling Clear Plastic Mask

[No additional description provided.]

I got this one out of curiosity... and it was not my jam. I mean, to be fair... saying that kind of reminds me of in Arrested Development when Michael finds a paper bag in the freezer labeled "Dead Dove Do Not Eat," and opens it to see what's inside and then says "I honestly don't know what I was expecting."

So, yes, this smells like the inside of a plastic mask.

In the bottle: Lightly citrus and with almost a hint of straw

On the skin: Slightly acrid, stale plastic

Dry down: Just sort of bitter and hard to identify.

My verdict is that I kind of hate it? INTERESTINGLY, I think it would be fun as a layering scent; it seems to have the ability to fake-ify whatever you put over it. Like for example, putting a chocolatey scent over it made it smell like a scratch and sniff chocolate sticker. Putting something with a strong strawberry scent over it makes it smell like a Strawberry Shortcake doll from the 80's.

Wet: Ugh, omg that is so literal and gross. It smells like these plastic totes that I bought a million of while I was moving one time. They all got stacked in a room waiting to be packed, and the whole room had this weird plastic smell (they were inexpensive totes from a clearance). I eventually had to throw them all out because they stunk up everywhere they were stored. This smells EXACTLY like them. It's plastic, but...something else. It's disgusting, and Beth is a GENIUS.

Dry: Same. *shudder*. All too realistic for me!

Citrus, straw, and petroleum based plastic. It smells like plastic, and it also sort of vaguely reminds me to the India Ink SN. It's that same sort of true-to-life chemical smell. I'd posit this as a more masculine blend, but not a traditional masculine sort of smell. Great for roleplaying. Good throw and wear length.

This is very gross, not going to lie. It almost made me throw up. But it is definitely burnt rubbery plastic, that's for sure. Few hours later, it's nowhere near as strong, but to me it kind of resembles ink? Still kinda gross but not as much as before. The throw is very good, I'll give it that. 

Not sure if this would be improved with layering, but if you want to wear something to gross out your friends this is a good perfume for that.

I get strong plastic, the peppery quality found in the Lab's dead leaves note, and lemon-scented cleaner. It's as if someone found a plastic mask in a pile of leaves and thought it would be okay to wear if they just took it home and cleaned it thoroughly. But the chemically lemon scent just serves to make the plastic mask more unsettling.

This scent certainly matches its name, but it is not something I'd wear. It was fun to try it, though!