Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nilbog

I've never found a scent I liked!

Vanilla favorites?

Where do I start?

Lyonesse, Zorya P, Pediophobia, Celeste, Mouse's Long & Sad Tale, Love's Philosophy and O to name a few :biggrin:

Capax Infiniti has a lovely vanilla. I would say The Serpentine as well, but that might be a little harder to find and more pricey

Love's philosophy looks great and Zorya P is so loved I would like to give it a try. :wink:

I'm going to toss in another big vote for Eat Me, if you'd like to smell like a rich vanilla frosted cake with berries. It's delicious!

Zorya P is gorgeous, a very cool and elegant vanilla.

Shub-Niggurath really is perfect gingerbread.

Love's Philosophy is my ultimate vanilla, it's what i go for when i want VANILLA lol.

Chimera smells like sticky cinnamon syrup if you like cinnamon buns, it's one of my favorites!

Dana O'Shee smells just like sweet almond marzipan.

I've never tried it myself but Detestable Putrescence in the Gris Grimly category is supposed to smell like melted vanilla ice cream.

I tried Eat Me 4 years ago now and I really disliked it. Even though I usually love black currant :think:

Love's Philosophy really sounds sooo deliciously lovely though. I really hope I one day get a chance to try it.

Edited by Nilbog

I tried Eat Me 4 years ago now and I really disliked it. Even though I usually love black currant

Hmm, I think it might be a translation problem. It's got red and black currants in it, not blackcurrant. Currants are basically raisins. (Only noticing here because I absolutely can't stand blackcurrant but I love Eat Me.)

I'm surprised no one else mentioned some of the best scents in the GC for vanilla...

Tamora

Morocco (my favorite, it's definitely better aged though)

Les Serpent Qui Danse

Tombstone

Cockaigne (best bakery smell ever)

Stimulating Sassafrass Strengthener (root beer like)

Dragon's Milk

Seconding earlier recs for Eat Me,Lyonesse, and Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

Other foodie or sweet goodies include

Drink Me

Knave of Hearts (berry tarts with rosewater)

Hunger

Bordello

Alice (creamy milk tea floral)

Voodoo, Hellcat, Queen, Horn of Plenty (almond yummy)

Chimera, Shub Niggurath (cinnamon rolls + resins)

Dana O'Shee (cereal and milk)

Eclipse (described as almond, I love the vanilla drydown)

Bliss (chocolate) Vice (chocolate cherry)

Miskatonic University (Irish Coffee)

Bengal (vanilla chai tea)

Mr Nancy (cookies)

Hobbit (pastries)

Lemon Scented Sticky Bat (lemon sorbet)

Brown Jenkin (coconut, sweet)

Candy Butcher (unimpable but probably easier to find decants)

Sudha Sugara (honey milk)

Limited edition stuff that may be harder to track down (but worth finding decants)

Boo (marshmallows)

The Gorobble (melty marshmallows)

Gollettes (strawberry donut)

Monsterbait Underpants (sexy cake)

Monsterbait Closet and Underbed (different dessert cake confectionery things) Bloody Mary (cherry dessert)

Sugar Cookie

Egg Nog

Beaver Moon 05 (cheesecake)

Spooky and Tokyo Stomp (thin mint cookies)

Punkie Night (my favorite cider scent)

Midway (funnel cake)

Mari Lwyd (Lavender cake)

Jolasveinar (violet and pastries)

Gingerbread Poppet and Flesh Eating Reindeer from Uranus (gingerbread)

Huesos de Santo, Gunpowder (orange and carrot cake)

Sprinkle Cake (Lilith cupcake)

Cake Smash (self explanatory)

Very Pink Surprise Cake

Liliths Bubblegum and Roses

Liliths Tea Party (roses, tea, and pastries)

Braving the Ice (iced mint cookies)

Pumpkin Spice Cookie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Marshmallow

Splatter Comedy, The 12th (banana cream pie)

Candy Phoenix, Kingdom of Sweets, Devil will find work for Idle Hands, Battle Fairy in Training, Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails, Sticky Pillowcase (candy)

Cheshire Moon (creamy cake)

Great London Spaghetti Hunt (tiramisu)

My Little Grotesque (cardamom cupcakes)

Little More Tea (tea and cookies)

Knock Out Drops (lemon cookies)

Anne Beany (rum cake)

Pralines and Powdered Sugar (seen on etsy, recently!)

Teatime in Roswell (Battenberg Cake, but faint)

Chocolate Stout Cupcake

Peppermint Cream Cupcake

Hard Cider Cake

Strawberry, Raspberry and Black Currant Sufganiyot

All that I can think of at the moment, I'll add to the post via edit as I think of more

Edited by sprout

Elf smells just like jelly beans to my nose. Eat me is a delicious vanilla cake scent. Mouse Circus starts out popcorn but morphs to cotton candy! It’s really blows my mind and don’t let the popcorn scare you bc it wears as cotton candy. There are so many gourmand bpals that I know you’ll find something you’ll love!

That you Sprout that really is an amazing list! I definitely saw a few to pique my curiosity

And thanks as well Ziggy.

Last night I layered Antique Lace and TKO and while TKO dominated as I fell to sleep when I woke up all bleary eyed at 6am I swore my husband was baking vanilla cookies. When I woke up again at 8 I realized that was what 10 hours of faded AL/TKO was. Delicious vanilla cookies. So now I'm on the hunt for a basic Vanilla cookies/Pure vanilla extract scent.

That you Sprout that really is an amazing list! I definitely saw a few to pique my curiosity

Last night I layered Antique Lace and TKO and while TKO dominated as I fell to sleep when I woke up all bleary eyed at 6am I swore my husband was baking vanilla cookies. When I woke up again at 8 I realized that was what 10 hours of faded AL/TKO was. Delicious vanilla cookies. So now I'm on the hunt for a basic Vanilla cookies/Pure vanilla extract scent.

For a pure vanilla extract/baked goods scent I would recommend Detestable Putrescence if you haven't tried it, I have seen it recommended upthread. It was just basic, creamy, foody vanilla on me.

For me, Sugar Cookie is that quintessential vanilla, foodie scent. I saw it being sold in the thread here recently...

I'm going to try your AL + TKO combination. I'll have to wait for night though to test because TKO is associated with falling asleep on lavender marshmallow clouds in my mind, so I'm afraid it will be too relaxing for daytime wear...

For me, Sugar Cookie is that quintessential vanilla, foodie scent. I saw it being sold in the thread here recently...

I'm going to try your AL + TKO combination. I'll have to wait for night though to test because TKO is associated with falling asleep on lavender marshmallow clouds in my mind, so I'm afraid it will be too relaxing for daytime wear...

I did equal amounts of each for reference. Dry down was TKO heavy. Let me know how it works for you!