Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Amber & Steel Hooks Hair Gloss

With a touch of oak bark and bourbon vanilla.

I get gleaming steel, oak, a touch of pepper and vanilla. The vanilla I think combines with the amber to make it slightly powdery, but on wet, I really get the sensation of pepper/musk/blood. It smells like metal and amber, and its pretty but there's a sharpish animalistic smell that I think smells like adrenaline and fear.

If you're into Vampire the Masquerade, I'd sell this sort of smells like Tzimiszie. There's some flesh-crafting involved. And pain, well, pain is just there to make sure you're not blase about the experience.

Primarily I get amber and steel. The warmth and sweetness of the amber I think is heightened by the vanilla. There does seem to be the faintest bit of spice as well. The steel for me is bright, and clean, though to emphasize not soapy. Beautiful and fairly subtle but not at all boring I think.

This smells kind of funky on me, like minty-metallic cologne mixed with herbal anise. I don't smell amber at all, and if there's vanilla in this, it's a dry and herbal sort and not really creamy or sweet. Dry wood comes through after a while, but mostly this is clean and minty-ish metallic with herbal black licorice on my skin. I don't really enjoy it at all. Light and strange.

I`m spraying this on a tissue, instead of my normal `sleeve` testing method, because I need to test a bunch tonight! Hoping it won`t affect the scent....

I was worried this would be the lab`s mental note, which I dislike and amp to high heaven. Instead, I get...kitchen spices? Specifically cumin. Uhhhh....maybe the tissue thing was not a good idea?

OK, trying it on my sleeve, I guess I'll just have the change my shirt partway through testing, lol.

It's very light, clean, fresh. And I think what I had identified as cumin on the tissue is actually mint! Nope, nevermind, still cumin. WTF? No, it's mint! My nose is so confused. What I can tell you is that it is not the Lab's typical metal note (like in Torture Queen or Kataniya). I don't really get the amber or wood or vanilla. What I get is a light, clean scent, plus something that smells like mint on one sniff and then smells like cumin the next. And lemon!? Is that lemon? IDFK. *gives up*. Smells...good? (Clearly I will need to re-review this once it settles and I actually try it in my hair).

I totally get the cumin that @LizziesLuck mentions. It's a lingering back note that says spice, but not a sweet spice. I can't say I enjoy it on my skin, but in my hair, it floats around and makes me feel sexy - coy with a potential for danger, but you aren't quite sure, which makes it even more fun. This may be for special occasions only.