Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
d0gbones

Single Note: Tomb Moss

[No additional description given.]

In the bottle: light, fresh, sweetly citrussy. Not at all what I expected!

Applied: There's definitely something mossy in there, similar to the Lab's soil note. Still sweet, almost floral.

Worn: It's a lot more like Deep In Earth, but it's still got a fresher, more airy feel to it. Very mossy and it makes me think of rainy days ☺.

Hangs around a good while, it's not overpoweringly strong and it's really pleasant to catch wafts of every now and then. Super happy with this one!

Ooh. I like this. In perspective, its a sweeter version of Spanish Moss. Less citrusy, less sharp. More tomb-y, more earthy, more green. If you're looking to build your rainbow spectrum of moss scents, this is the connector between spanish moss and oakmoss. :)

I love this, actually. Spanish Moss was a favorite note on my skin, while Oakmoss went sour and too masculine. Tomb Moss reads a lot like Spanish Moss with added notes of dry salt, fresh moist dirt, and what I think may (logically) be concrete. Despite the mossiness and saltiness, it's not an "aquatic" on me. It's lighter and sweeter and drier than I picture tomb moss to be. In fact, if you had told me this was really the "dead leaves" note, I'd buy it. This is more like what I expect from a dead leaf accord.

Contemplating a bottle! I bet it would layer well.

This smells like a more citrus version of Spanish Moss. Moss, dirt, citrus and a touch of salt. Not an aquatic per se, but a lovely natural blend. On wet, I smelled an almost black tea note and it kinda lingers through out.

Contemplating a bottle as well.

I like this, but I think my decant will be enough for me. I agree that it smells like Spanish moss (a bit sour, very humid/damp, kind of aquatic, reminds me of Bayou). There's a cold, stone-like feel and a sweet earthiness (like the musty, slightly powdery, vanilla-sweet-ish soil in Death Cap) that rounds out the moss and makes it not as aquatic as Bayou.
It definitely makes me think of heavy moss draped through old trees in a cemetery full of marble statues and tombs. Very evocative, but not something I'll often want to smell like. I might try it as a room fragrance.