Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Allumina

Judge and Jury Atmosphere Spray

As you pass down Houston street, faro banks abound, till we reach an unpretending red brick building No 25, kept by Frank Burns, known as the "Judge and Jury." This is a great resort for sportsmen both of this and of the other country. Everything here is conducted in a respectable and orderly manner.

Oxblood leather, sweet cigar smoke, and fine whiskey with a swish of silken musk, bay rum, and neroli.

I would totally visit this brothel, it smells delightful! ;)

I am getting over a comiccon cold that won't seem to fade, so this review is a little less nuanced than I'd like, but oh well. This is a lovely fall scent- warm and inviting without being overpowering, expensive while still being comfortable.

It's pretty well blended, so I'm having trouble picking out the notes, but the main player is the sweet, almost chewy tobacco with a hint of musk. I can't pick out the whiskey and leather individually, but they are there providing background support- I get the impression of being curled up on a leather couch in some drawing room in front of the fire on a cold day.

It's a little strong at first, but it fades down into a nice blanket of deliciousness touching the room. I'd say it's gender neutral leaning towards masculine.

So this smells like sueded leather, touch of whiskey, musk and bay rum. It's fairly assertive and lasts a long time. I sprayed this on the comforter in our room in the afternoon, and I could still smell it this morning. It smells heavy and rich, and like sueded leather, and its warm and inviting.

Oh my gosh this is good. The cigar smoke reads as rich tobacco to me. Mixed with the sweet boozy notes, this is heaven. Heaven! I want it in perfume form, like, yesterday. As it dries on my sleeve, a bit of the leather comes out. This is sexy. I think I need to track down a full bottle, and spray ALL THE THINGS with it.

I just bought a bottle of this off of etsy, and wow am I glad I did! (I actually sprayed it, sniffed for awhile, and immediately went on to order the last one posted as a backup). One of the most evocative scents imaginable-I feel like I'm in a library at an upscale brothel, as I get a slightly comfortable dusty scent (we all know those books aren't being read very often!), a the lingering smell of rich cigar tobacco, and the supple leather of comfortable chairs. So in love with this!

It's definitely sexy and warm and comforting and expensive and relaxed and debauched all at the same time.

I would spray this on my boyfriend and wrap up in him if he were still with us.