Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gilded amber saffron, indigo chypre, pearled gardenia, blackcurrant, ylang ylang, frankincense, fir needle, and white patchouli.

In the bottle - This is a doozy. There's a lot going on, and my poor nose is having a heck of a time trying to suss anything out. Definitely smells like the color green, but it's not a grassy-type "green perfume" if you get what I'm saying.

Wet - Really well blended. Every time I put my nose to my wrist I'm smelling something different. A hint of floral here, a hint of sweetness there, a whiff of patchouli over there. It's giving me the sense of rushing water, but it's not an aquatic. And then, all of a sudden, it feels like I'm in a spring meadow. For a split second I'm eating a pastry, and then I'm walking in a garden. I don't know what to make of this, though I sure like it so far. I realize I'm giving the impression that it's a morpher, but it's not at all! It's just SO well blended that the tiniest little edge of a note will catch the light (or the nose) from one minute to the next.

Drydown - Ooh, more of the amber-saffron is coming out. Not quite sure which, but it's golden for sure. Fir is one of the things I tend to amp, and I'm getting more of it now. It's not overpowering by any means. The softer components are tempering the notes that tend to go loud on my skin. I usually hate frankincense because it makes me stink to high heaven. Luckily, I can't even tell it's in here. Ditto on the patchouli, although that might just be because it's white patch. The longer I wear this the more I like it.

Verdict - This may very well be a new favorite. It's interesting enough to keep me sniffing all day, and long-lasting enough to make that possible. Plus its mild sillage means it's OK for cubicle wear -- another bonus. So glad I blind bought this. Creation for the win.

Oh man, so this is mainly a warm saffron, frankincense with a dab of patchouli and amber. On wet, I get tinges of the chypre and ylang ylang, but they burn off to an warm ambery-frankincense blend.

Super well blended. Medium throw and wear length.

I'm mainly getting powdery amber, sweet frankincense, sharp and perfumey gardenia-ylang and a hint of dry, woody patchouli in the drydown. Powdery, perfumey, nondescript sweetness. This is like one of those blends that has so many notes in it, it just fades into a jumbled 'perfume' scent, if that makes sense.

Starts off as a strong chypre. That dissipates almost immediately and gives way to a amber-frankincense touched with floral. The patchouli is a whisper. This smells, in the best way to me, like a church. A small chapel maybe, clean and fragrant from the lingering scents of flowers and incense.

As others have said, it is very well blended. I like this very much and am considering a bottle.

I finally put in my order for some Unicorns the day before they went out of stock. Which was a huge mistake since I'd really like a second bottle of a couple of them. The Creation is one of those.

In the bottle, it's really strange smelling. Green and spicy and oddly tangy. It's not sharp like a lot of "green" scents, though. It just smells ALIVE.

On: It dries down to something much subtler, but still with that lingering feeling of "alive". It's woodier, greener, and spicier, without really being any of those things. I smell the fir, patchouli, chypre, and frankincense. I'm not getting the black currant and I'm not sure about the Saffron. My cat is named Saffron - you'd think I'd be able to pick up on whether or not I smell it. The gardenia is sneaky -- I don't notice it until I think about it. The amber is perfect for rounding it all out.

Verdict: I think, in the end, it goes soft woody. Mostly amber and frankincense. It's lovely, with not much sillage, but seems to be lingering on my skin.

I think it's the saffron and chypre I am getting here, backed up by fir. It's really different. A very strong, bold scent. I like it so far, but it's not very me. Very little sweetness, and it actually smells sort of musky (red musk, to be exact). I don't get any of the florals, fruit or frankincense, and no patchouli either. It really is mostly saffron, fir, and a note I don't recognize that I feel must be the indigo chypre - which I just Googled. " Chypre is the name of a family (or concept) of perfumes that are characterised by an accord composed of citrus top-notes, a middle centered on cistus labdanum, and a mossy-animalic base-note derived from oak moss and musk." This makes sense now!! I am getting the musk (which I can now identify as 'mossy' as well) from the Chypre! I even get the hints of labdanum. So this is what chypre is. It's very strong, and unique, but I don't think it's for me in this blend. I think I would like it with some vanilla, or amber or something to sweeten it up, as I prefer a sweeter musk scent. This, with the patchouli and fir mixed in, feels like an 'earthy musk type scent, with saffron. Quite glad I tried it, because I learned something!!