Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

White Juniper

Huh.

It's very cool and bright from the bottle.

On my skin it smells like Colorado.

There's a bit of a piney bite to it, and with drydown it really smells like when you're trimming the groundcover around your house you regret putting in because it's frickin' everywhere and on a mountain but you're enjoying that halo of intoxicating pine oil mist that you're kicking up. Drying down, definitely not a sweet or perfumey type of scent or 'interpretation' of juniper. There's a hint of a reminder of gin, but probably only because gin contains juniper berries, and not alcoholic.

Very light.

Startlingly sour pine branches in the bottle. Goes on as... I feel exactly like I'm fighting my way through a pine tree. I can smell the sap coming out of broken twigs, and the scent of the berries and the branches. The sour edge finally fades after a few minutes, but it's not as light and bracing as I'd hoped.

However, this is definitely another for vote "When they invent holodecks, the Lab does the scent component," because this is basically an olfactory photograph of a pine tree. An astonishing technical accomplishment.

Pine, sour berries, and a hint of dirt. This smells fresh and green, and very outside. Medium throw and wear length.

The pine/evergreen to this is bright and sour, where I was hoping for a sweeter, more sappy evergreen note. I thought this might be like Golden Priapus (which has juniper and white pine in it), but this is definitely a lot sharper than Golden Priapus, and I feel like I want something to soften it. As it dries down, I'm getting the sour, red berry that other reviewers have mentioned, and it's reminding me of red currant.

I like Golden Priapus more for an evergreen and Elf more for a foresty berry scent. White Juniper SN is more sharp and sour smelling to me than real life juniper.