Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Incapacitated for a day.

I have to assign 900 tickets to David Bowie today, so I had to go in. =P Sucks here, but y'all could have guessed that. Heh! Pain is making me vulgar, and when my boss asked me why I'm going so slowly today and seem distracted, I said, "Because my vagina is dialating."

*grunt*

Only 700 more tickets to go...

*snort!* hahahahahahahahaha!!! THAT is funny! i think i will laugh everytime i think about *that* tonight! LOL maybe you could leave early? and, i hope you have some good pain killers waiting for you at home...

and this -

If you don't let your body rest and recover, you risk being on an endless merry-go-round of physical ailments. Sometimes we have to listen to our bodies and change our plans accordingly. Nothing is set in stone. All plans and commitments can be changed in the face of an emergency situation. Sorry if I sound preachy, but I've done this to myself before, too, and suffered the consequences. Also, I'm a massage therapist, and so I see on a daily basis in my clients the results of people trying to push their bodies too far. If you begin to rest a bit more and maybe institute some self-care practices (if you don't already), I suspect it may help your insomnia as well. Hope the procedure goes smoothly. I'll be sending you some good energy (hope that doesn't sound too New Age-y  ).
is SAGE advice. :P

(purposefully taken out of context)

I think most of us would have said "Fuck David Bowie!!" and stayed in bed moaning

Hmmm...I remember a time when that actually might have been the case...

In a very strange and silly mood after my own dr. visit today...

Lisa in Austin

First and foremost, Beth, you take care of yourself and don't put a single thought in your head about delaying emails, shipments, whatever. Your health is the important thing.

There are few things more painful/annoying than girly troubles :D .

I hope that for your sake the doctor at least had the good sense to prescribe you something to take the chill off the pain, like Percocet or (at the very least) Vicodin. :P

Sandy, the walking PDR (that's the Physician's Drug Reference, for those of you who may not know) :D

Oh, yeargh, just reading this post makes me ache in empathy! You poor darling! If we could all divide up the pain and take 1/50th of a giner dilation for you, rest assured that we would! Nothing below the belt is ever fun when it involves paper gowns and speculums.

I hope it went okay for you, and wasn't too painful, and that you do something lovely and selfish tonight to help you feel better, whether it's of the pizza, ice cream, new lip balm sort or the sadistic and alcoholic sort.

Here's a kegel of support! Nuugh!

ahhh count me in on those sympathy kegel contractions. You poor thing! I can't believe they didn't give you anything for pain!!! Makes me appreciate my parents more, if I were in your position and the doctor didn't give me anything, they'd scrounge some up themselves. I sprained my ankle my first year of college and my mother express shipped a bottle of darvoset the next morning!

Feel better sweetheart! :P

Ah and I think the few guys on the board that they're already in for high estrogen exposure on this forum. They're smart enough to look the other way. :D

I hope your procedure goes well tomorrow, and that you recover quickly. Its no fun. Having had a kid I can testify that dilation doesn't feel good.

Hang in there Elizabeth. :P And take all the time you need to recuperate.

As for TMI and over-exposure to estrogen, I've dealt with far worse by choice. It's amazing what you hear at parties if you spend most of your time giving backrubs...

Edited by Lars Thorson

Feel better. I apologize for being so worried baout my order. I'm terrible...I should be caring more about you. Remember, resting and breathing will help a lot.

Edited by faerowan

Oh, Elizabeth! Please take care of yourself! Girl problems are the absolute worst, I swear. (Well, maybe second worst, gastrointestinal's probably worse, but still...) Please don't worry about delays if it will help you get better.

I hope you'll be feeling better soon. :P

late comer to the thread. Hope you will be feeling better soon. Try to get some rest and take care of yourself. Sending you some healthy vibes. :P :D

I'm so sorry to hear you're not well ... and sorry for pestering about my package!

The most importnat thing is your health, so don't worry about responding to e-mails, etc - take some time for yourself.

The dilation thing sounds horrible - I've had two kids but neither were induced, so I didn't have the drugs to start dilation. You could try rubbing your tum with a Wiccy Magic Muscles bar from Lush which is quite good for cramps ... (smells a little like Tiger Balm but seems to work.)

Have another big hug :D :P

Take care,

Rosie

XXX

Rosie, it just so happens that I have a Wiccy that I haven't even opened yet. =) Thanks for the suggestion!

I just got back from the doctor's. This hurts like a MOTHERFUCKER so I'm going to lie down for a bit til I get back to work. 6 Tylenols should do the trick. =P

ouch, beth! i do 2 aleve, and 2 extra strength tyelenol (1000mg)... you can do ibuprofin (800mg) and tyelenol... too bad i didn't know abt you doing this sooner - i left the hospital after my 2nd daughter with some percocet - great stuff... i would've sent you some!

<stumbling into this thread awfully late>

Oh Beth, when it rains, it pours. So sorry that you're having to go through all of this. I'll be sending some good thoughts and vibes your way <hugs>

I know I'm a tad late posting (read: extremely late), but my hubby has been hording the computer and I haven't been able to get online. Damn techno-geeks!

Hoping everything works out, sweetie. You have been going through so much crap lately, I just wish there was something I could do.

Try to take it easy. I'm sending you positive vibes and lots of hugs. :P :D :D

Oh and rasberry leaf and vitex tea is a great idea. It really helped me with the pain and cramping.

Ow, ow, ow!!! I feel your pain. I had an IUD inserted last May and although I have had children (although by c-section) the dilation and IUD insertion still hurt like hell!!!

Hope you're feeling better soon, and that the IUD will work out better for you. I love not having to take a pill every day. :P

Laurin