Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Kyoto

Got this as a frimp for a purchase made at Midsummer Scream 2019.

In the imp: Sweet, floral, woody. I wouldn't necessarily call it "light" but words like "soaring" keep coming to mind. The anise is very present and makes me think of pho, which is a bit odd at first but ultimately makes me very nostalgic for family gatherings with giant pots of pho broth on the stove.

Wet: On my skin, the floral fades away almost completely into a woody pepperiness.

Dry: There's a lingering sweetness and a little pepperiness. It's mostly sandalwood and anise now, but the anise has calmed down. Hell of a throw but it doesn't bother me. I like it enough that I'm contemplating getting a full bottle after my imp runs out.

This one is mostly star anise and sandalwood on me. It's soft and inviting, and something about this combo makes me think of black tea. As it dries I get just a breeze of cherry blossom in the background. Not much throw on me. 

Definitely a "perfume" scent. Reminds me of something commercial. I think my skin ate all the sandalwood and now its just pepper and anise. Very nice for days I want something a bit girly but also spicy. I'm happy with my imp :3

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled

Kyoto was one of my early imps, and it's ended up in my: not bad but I don't reach for it often and would happily enough part with it.

In the imp, it actually smells quite nice to me. The anise is the main note, and I love that anise/licorice cluster of smells. Unfortunately the slightly floral anise of the imp is not what happens on my skin. Instead I get a bitter sandalwood combined with a slightly more sour anise scent and almost no flowers.

I still really like the anise note, and I have layered this to good effect with things that were too sweet on me, but it's not quite my smell.

I was worried that this would be too floral, but it's not. The star anise starts off strong and tangy, and the cherry blossom is prominent but gentle. After a couple of hours, the star anise has mostly receded, but still adds some woody spice, and the cherry blossom has almost gone but not quite. The sandalwood is now the most prominent note. I think it's gender neutral. The three notes work extremely well together through all phases. It's light and clean, but I don't find it soapy. It's just really nice.