Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Antiwar [and] anti-everything-that's-smelly: sweet red patchouli and orris root with bourbon vanilla, caramelized labdanum, peru balsam, and almond milk.

This is tested straight out of the mailbox! The wet stage is all almond extract on me (which is usually how it is for me with anything that contains almond.) However, that fades quickly and I get mostly sweet resins. The patch is there, but it's not super strong. It's kind of a swirling, sweet, resiny scent - it's pretty reminiscent (to my nose) of Misfortune Teller v3, but with a patchouli base note. It's really nice - a winner!

Okay, I know there is no booze note in this but I smell Spiced Rum and Patchouli.

Not what I was expecting but I like it.

In The Bottle: I agree there's a strong almond note when I first open the bottle. It's a really rich almond, stronger than I was expecting from a 'milk' variation, but I like it.

Wet On Skin: The almond subsides slightly and the balsam of peru-which always smells like a resinous vanilla to me- begins to come out a bit. Another minute or two passes and I'm also getting orris root, though it's less powdery and more woodsy in this mix. It's another thing I didn't expect but that's totally working.

Dry Down: Wow. This scent keeps shifting and morphing and kept me guessing a little. But everything has now come together in the final analysis to produce a scent that's rich, deep, woodsy without being over-bearing about it and resinous- just so beautifully, sweetly, richly, resinous.

In All: This is really remarkable, named for a remarkable unsung hero of history. It befits her, and I'm so so so glad to have some. :wub:

Jackie started off with just hits of patchouli and vanilla. It dried down to a slightly almond chocolate cake smell, with a dab of patchouli. I definitely got dark chocolate gateau out of this so I'm assuming the balsam + vanilla and patchouli made some sort of magickal compound. In the end, its simply not my style despite being utterly gorgeous.

But that's OK, Jackie is off to a better home.

Sweet, rich resins & almond! I like this a lot more than I was expecting to.

At first, sweet red patchouli & sweet Almond Milk are definitely the stars. The patch is the kinder, gentler sort; earthy, not armpitty.

Orris root & Bourbon vanilla are present, but not out in front. I'm not knowledgeable enough to identify Caramelized labdanum or Peru balsam, but I'm sure they're contributing to the rich, resinous feeling in the blend.

Over time, Jackie fades into a vanilla-patchouli blend.

Very good, glad I got it (and glad I backed the book :-).)

Edited to add: not very long-playing. I got about 4 hours of wear, and then she was almost undetectable, even in my scent locket! Hopefully age will increase her staying power.

Edited by Teamama

Agreed that this one is a morpher. Initially this was almond extract that got sweeter and more marzipan-y on me (which I loved). On dry-down this smells sort of like Love's Philosophy with a rootbeery thing going on. I can see the "spiced rum+patchouli" impression someone else mentioned.