Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PrinceofcatS

Vampiric scents / gothic heroine scents

I've been trying to hold off on this kind of post until it was closer to the Halloween update, but I've fallen down a rabbit's hole of being super into vampires in a way I haven't been since I was a teenager (before Twilight exploded :/ no shade, it's just that I got super burned out on vampires when they got really popular!).

What are scents that are either vampire-themed, or really evocative of vampires for you guys? I mean vampires as supernatural entities and gothic horror monsters, not as specifically hot seducers, as they've sort of become in popular culture.

I picked up an imp of Nosferatu and a bottle of Sanctus in my last order, and I have an imp of Penny Dreadful I keep meaning to bottle purchase, and I got The Vampire Bride last Halloween as a birthday present, but I'd really like to see a comprehensive list of all the scents that remind people of crypsts, exsanguination and dubious romances on misty moors! :D

Also related but not the same, what are the best running-away-from-a-haunted-castle-in-a-nightgown scents? I have a lot - a lot - of the Crimson Peak scents, and I think Maiden is really evocative (as well as the discontinued Moon Rose :C). And Lucy's Kiss! Which I guess unites both categories pretty well.

My faves:

Count Dracula (from the long ago Halloween series, Order of the Dragon)

Lucy, Kissed (also old, from the Post)

Carfax Abbey from Order of the Dragon for a vampire's castle

Blood Kiss is a fav of mine and definately has the sexy, seductive vampire thing going on. In Deep Earth has a really nice earth/loam smell w/ a touch of florals that I could see being old school vampire. Destroying Angel smells cool and earthy and white to me. I could see it evoking a vampire or a damsel in a filmy nightgown sort of vibe, as could Phantom Wooer, which has sort of silvery, soft quality to it that makes me think of night air and moonlight.

These scents are evocative of beautiful vampire ladies for me, and incidentally are among my all-time fave bpals:

Blood Countess Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Lady Lucille Sharpe Faded red roses and a glimmer of garnet with black lily, ylang ylang, smoky plum musk and black amber.

The Vampire Bride Icy skin touched by a perfume of violet leaf, white tea, olibanum, elemi, myrrh, wormwood, crypt dust, and saffron with a dribble of blood red musk.

Penny Dreadful Soft perfume evocative of noir heroines over rich red grave loam.

And as for a running-away-from-a-haunted-castle-in-a-nightgown scent, the one I think of most is Edith Cushing Pearlescent vanilla musk with white sandalwood, grey amber, white patchouli, ambrette seed, and oudh.