Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shibagast

Between Your Heart And Mine

Heartwood bois de rose and vanilla-touched rose.

Roses! Ahh, roses. I love rose perfumes, so this was a bottle I was eager to try.
Its mostly rose, with the tiniest hint of cream and a solid base of rosewood to it. Those additions add a roundness to the scent, and ground it, so it never turns frivolous, as some rose perfumes can.
Its a great rose for a cold day, and I intend to wear it often.

In the bottle, and initially on my skin, this is a beautifully creamy vanillaed rose--reminiscent of Pink Snowballs, but a bit heavier on the rose. The vanilla just slightly gilds the rose and rounds it out--it truly is "tinged." I'm not 100% sure what bois de rose smells like, but there is some slight powderiness there as well. I'm not sure if that is the bois de rose or the vanilla.

On the dry-down, however, this goes flat-out Off! bug spray. I've been having this difficulty with some of the less-green BPAL roses lately, like Peacock Queen and La Milagrosa. I know some others have a problem with those scents as well, so it may be one to avoid if you find those scents hard to wear. I do have a friend who will love this, though, so Between Your Heart, with its pretty Victorian gentility, need not languish on my shelf forever! <3

Rosewood and rose, astringent in the decant.

Wet: Sharp and soapy rose. Rose soap.

Dry: Softening into something a bit more woodsy, with the vanilla coming out. This is nice, but too close to the soap end for me, alas!

For someone who personally doesn't love the smell of roses on myself, this is a lovely looooovely rose. I received a free-cant (free decant :P) from a lovely bpaler. I would never have picked this up otherwise and now I am HOOKED and off finding bottles to buy 😍

The Bois de Rose / rosewood is a perfect complement to the rose, especially with the vanilla. Instead of making this an overly floral perfume, it turns into a delightful rose oil tea scent. It reminds me perfectly of a Rose with French Vanilla Black Tea I really enjoy. I smell the tea and then this scent and for me, this is the perfect rose scent. Delicious.❤️

Was recently frimped a decant of this. It's a lovely mix of rose and rosewood -- this rose manages not to turn to powder on me, and the rosewood adds depth and grounding. The vanilla is also noticeable. So, slightly creamy rose and subtle woods. Unfortunately, my skin eats this up fast -- it's gone within an hour. Still, I'll hang onto my decant.

Originally purchased in a decant circle, then as a bottle in 2015. Both aged in temp-controlled environments.

In the bottle: Pale wood and fresh vanilla pod.

Wet: Swirls of soft, snowy vanilla-rose, which becomes gradually warmer and redder as it settles. Beautiful in both summer (my original wear test was on a 35 degree celcius Christmas Day) and winter, where it tends to last longer.

Dry: A touch of powder as it first dries off, which thankfully never turns into baby talc. From there, a smooth transition into a rose-blushed vanilla, comforting and warm. Medium to light throw with some longevity of wear; not quite in the same league of beloved faves as Snow Glass Apples and October, but getting close.

Stars: ★★★★★