Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Dead Leaves, Red Musk & Neroli Hair Gloss

Of the three dead leaf hair glosses I ordered (patchouli/honey/warm musk; white musk/vanilla), the dead leaves are most prominent in this blend, wrapped in a haze of the warmth and furry/fuzziness that I associate with red musk. The neroli gives the blend a bright, spicy bite.

This is the first hair gloss I tried. Sadly, the scent was really not for me. It has a very sharp, almost acrid scent. I didn't pick up the red musk scent at all. It's the scent equivalent of listening to music with all high end treble and no bass. High, sharp, piercing.

I love this! I'm a huge fan of the Lab's dead leaves note, and last year's Autumn Leaves and Haitian Patchouli is one of my favorite hair glosses. I wore it so much last autumn and this one, even though I have so many other glosses. Dead Leaves, Red Musk,& Neroli is another gorgeous autumnal scent. The red musk sweetens the leaves and it smells so good on my hair that I keep huffing the ends that can barely reach my nose. I can't identify the neroli, and I usually don't care for citrus, so it must be well-blended into this. I love having a sweeter alternative to my Autumn Leaves/Haitian Patchouli. Another wonderful hair gloss scent from the Weenie collection! We all already know how wonderful the glosses are for our hair. :heart:

I love Dead Leaves and Red Musk both, so I had to give this a go. Especially after Puddin' raved about it. Unfortunately, what I didn't account for was the fact that I apparently don't like neroli. I had never been able to successfully pick it out in a blend before. I can in this though, and we are not friends. I find it sharp and bitter. Actually gives me a bit of a headache. Which is such a shame, because the red musk with the dead leaves are to die for. I will likely pass on my decant to someone who can love it. And now I have learned Neroli isn't for me, so this was a good lesson, I suppose.

I bought this solely on Puddin's raves over it! I wouldn't have instinctively gravitated towards it - I probably would have chosen the vanilla leaves gloss, but thought I'd take a chance. I love how Bpal can make me go out of my usual go-to comfort zone and rarely am I disappointed. Plus last year when Puddin said Gourd of Deprivation was amazing I listened and did not regret it! This is STRONG. My first thought is that it is very masculine. In a good way. It's rich, red, thrummy. The Neroli, which is very distinctive, adds a sharpness and I can see how it could be perceived as "acrid" with the dead leave note which is also bitter. To me this is very much a Fall scent. I get no sweetness from this. It would probably smell incredible mixed with a sweeter scent too, like silkybat. I like it! And think it will age beautifully.

I got this in a decant circle, and it wasn't even a first choice...I went for it because the decanter had to eliminate some bottles, so I thought, "I'll just take one of these" and I am pleasantly surprised.

For some reason, my brain keeps telling me to try musk...but everything I have tried, I hated....musk is just too.....musky, for me! So, at first sniff I thought, "Nope..this isn't going to work!!" BUT I have learned to actually test things and not go by sniffing alone!

This is actually real nice! I get the blast of musk at first application...I was worried, but it faded pretty fast, which is a surprise. It didn't go away fully, but it is there. The dead leaves note is great!! I think that and the neroli keeps the musk from overpowering everything, which usually happens to me and musk. Light to medium strength on this. A decant is enough for me....I will definitely be wearing this often in the winter months!! :)

Oddly enough, I get red musk, neroli and a touch of dead leaves. For me, it was mainly a musky neroli and autumn leaves blend. Very sexy.

I love dead leaves and red musk, but didn't have any previous encounters with neroli. Citrus notes usually don't work on me, but I don't find the neroli in here objectionable at all. The neroli adds a little acridity and bitterness but overall this is a nice, soft scent on me and consoles me the rest of the year until fall comes around again. :)