Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
milkyway

Help me find a scent, I have no idea where to start!

I'd like to try to find one or two new scents for a friend, but the problem is I'm not super familiar with BPAL myself!

Her scent preferences are as follows:

"I like gourmands or perfumes combining foody notes with something else. Jasmine and lilac are great, I'm a bit unsure about other florals, especially if there aren't other types of notes. Patchouli is a no-go. Fresh woods are nice, although I usually find sandalwood and teakwood types to be too strong. I enjoy trying experiential perfumes too. I also avoid nut scents besides almond and pistachio."

I could really use some suggestions if you guys would be so kind!

Second Eat Me. Love that one!

I haven't tried a ton from the General Collection that would fit, but maybe these:

If she likes chocolate, maybe Bliss (milk chocolate), Vice (chocolate, black cherry, orange blossom), or Velvet (cocoa, sandalwood, vanilla, myrrh) - the sandalwood is blended well in this one and doesn't make it seem overly woody, at least to me.

Perhaps Dana O'Shee (milk, sweet grains, and honey)?

I second Velvet, since she likes foodie notes with something else. To me, Eat Me is straight up foodie (Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants), but it's amazing.

Maybe Cordelia for something a bit lighter? Lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk

If she's wanting a jasmine blend, New Orleans is a great choice. I'm not a fan of jasmine, and even I like New Orleans - Sweet honeysuckle and jasmine with a hint of lemon and spice

I will second The Last Unicorn which has three components she may like: lilacs, white chocolate/coconut (gourmand), and wood. Although it is sandalwood but I don't find it overbearing in The Last Unicorn which is, in my opinion, a very unique scent that straddles gourmand and floral.

Eat Me struck me as a typical gourmand blend. Not necessarily very exciting. Vanilla, spice, cake. But if she likes gourmand cake scents it's a nice one.

I might suggest White Rabbit as well. This to me also strikes an interesting balance between gourmand and not. The honey, vanilla, milk, and tea are your gourmand with a "linen" note that smells like clean white/lemon florals to me.

ETA: Maybe Dorian? This has always struck me as sugared vanilla lemon tea with what a backing of lavender.

Edited by SimplySyra

Sign in to follow this