Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Minh Scent

Osmanthus

So curious, which of all the bpal scents scream Osmanthus the most? Of all the ones I have tried, I cant even detect its there. I have Blacker Than the Raven Wings at Midnight and The Trappings of the Tea House on the way to try. I just want a Single Note so badly!

So curious, which of all the bpal scents scream Osmanthus the most? Of all the ones I have tried, I cant even detect its there. I have Blacker Than the Raven Wings at Midnight and The Trappings of the Tea House on the way to try. I just want a Single Note so badly!

Hi Ziggystardust! Looks like we are both continuing on the quest! I have not yet found the osmanthus of my dreams (but remember, both you and I have our noses in the real thing, so we are pretty hard to please.) I do like the osmanthus in Blacker Than Raven Wings at Midnight. It is the only floral in that blend and so can be identified. Actually, I love this perfume overall. But still...not enough of the magic O!

I did see the two Luper blends with osmanthus (including the one you mentioned, Trappings of a Tea House). I am waiting for reviews before I take the plunge.

Have you tried Bell Vinu? I do like this immensely, although the peach can overshow the osmanthus.

Yes, a single note would be to die for!!!

ETA My best osmanthus is in Pouring the Strains of Sacred Song, Anniversary Phoenix 2014.

Edited by Minh Scent

I found single oil of osmanthus on Eden botanical website, quite reasonable. I'm considering an order, I think it would be even more affordable to buy and split if anyone else is interested...

Sprout, I have a bottle of the essential oil from Nature's Gift. It's lovely, but it is neither perfume nor my blossoms! So picky, I know :) The EO has a bit of wood element. It is funny how some EOs are EXACTLY the scent, but others are not.

Hi Ziggystardust! Looks like we are both continuing on the quest! I have not yet found the osmanthus of my dreams (but remember, both you and I have our noses in the real thing, so we are pretty hard to please.) I do like the osmanthus in Blacker Than Raven Wings at Midnight. It is the only floral in that blend and so can be identified. Actually, I love this perfume overall. But still...not enough of the magic O!

I did see the two Luper blends with osmanthus (including the one you mentioned, Trappings of a Tea House). I am waiting for reviews before I take the plunge.

Have you tried Bell Vinu? I do like this immensely, although the peach can overshow the osmanthus.

Yes, a single note would be to die for!!!

ETA My best osmanthus is in Pouring the Strains of Sacred Song, Anniversary Phoenix 2014.

Thanks for your input! I think it is hard to capture the scent of the (magic O!) haha. I wonder why the search feature on bpal's site doesn't pull up all the scents with certain notes. Seems a lot get left out. I am adding those to my wishlist! And I need to still acquire Bell Vinu for sure.

Edited by ziggystardust13

I was possibly considering an EO as well. I know many of the Osmanthus ones are very pricey. There are also some local Nola perfumeries that carry Sweet Olive perfumes. I was considering those as well, but I haven't worn alcohol based perfume in so long. Not quite fond of it after getting into bpal oils.

example site: http://store.neworleansperfume.com/sweet-olive/

Edited by ziggystardust13

The Snow Maiden is a discontinued Yule that starts out icy and is almost all osmanthus on me when it dries down - if I get the other notes, they're just amplifying the osmanthus. I think it's very chilly, like icy-covered flowers. I was a little disappointed in it because I wanted more daffodil actually! If you're looking up other scents like Belle Vinu (which I didn't like personally but I wish you luck with it) you might look into trying that - I got mine on the forum here very recently.

I didn't get any osmanthus out of Kali, that one was all soft watery lotus and maybe some other aquatic-y flowers over honey and some chocolate on me.