Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
theseagrows

The Place Wherein Love Grew Atmosphere Spray

Bulgarian rose, dark musk, orange blossoms, white fig, and honey.

first i smell leafy greenery and then roses. though maybe that greenery is really orange blossom? I think it is. after it settles down the fig, musk and honey come out more, softening the rose and orange blossom and adding some sweetness, wherein it becomes a figgy rose with a touch of honey. i am really into the honeyed-roses and this one works better for me than honeyed golden musk, rosewater and red sandalwood did, though i feel it could kind of be a cousin scent to that one. it's lighter and less nutty, which i like because i tend to not like nuttiness in a scent unless it's almond. definitely keeping my decant, though a big bottle is not necessary, as i've been going crazy with all the rose atmo. sprays!

The Place Wherein Love Grew is a worthy vehicle for the lovely Bulgarian rose note and orange blossom. There's something in this one that skews a bit powdery, but not in an unpleasant way. I can pick out the white fig and honey notes, but neither dominate. The dark musk is a nice warm base, although I wouldn't call this a dark scent. This strikes me as a very classic scent, and would make a great Mother's Day gift!

This smells like pink roses to me. I get light, pink roses, notes of honey and musk. It's warm, classic, and feminine.

Sweet roses, sweet figs, sweet honey. The orange blossom is in there, but it's lying low. This reminds me of the best baklava...it's baklava for the home! I really like this scent.

Edited to add:

I cannot say enough about how gorgeous this is. Thank you, Puddin, for letting me buy this as an atmo, HG, & perfume. It's my favorite honey, musk & florals blend, which is saying a lot considering how much I love the Lab's & Trading Post's honey, musk & florals :heart:

Edited by Teamama
Adding more love

My bottle is aged about 3 years and was purchased directly from BPTP.  I didn't write a review when I first got it.

Without looking at the description, the first thing I notice is a mild lemon.  Within a few minutes, rose appears but stays in the background at first, gradually taking over until about an hour, when the fragrance becomes all rose.  The rose fragrance lasts for a long time (2 days.)

After looking at the description, I realized that the citrus note that my nose interpreted as lemon is actually orange, from the orange blossom.  I wish this was a true orange blossom note (without the fruit), in which case this would be two of my top three favorite lifelong scents. No doubt that's why I purchased the bottle.  

But the citrus-rose scent is also very lovely.  And I can never go wrong with a rose blend.  They are always among my favorites (as long as I can smell the rose note.) I'm very glad I got it.

Predominant Notes: Rose and citrus

Character:  Rose, feminine

5 out of 6 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose