Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Merry malice and malevolent pleasures: infernal red musk bubbling with sour white grape and bitter cognac.

I love this! It's as if red musk's tendency to be grape-ish was removed only to be replaced by actual grape. To my nose, the drydown is red musk, grape, and red incense. I don't detect the cognac, but I do smell something akin to geranium...however it doesn't have that sharpness that geranium usually has for me. It is bright and deep simultaneously. Slightly tart, slightly sweet, slightly resinous.

If you are the type of person who likes when red musk goes grape-y, you need to try this.

Red musk, grapes, and something that smells like whiskey. For me this is really a grape flavored red musk. With quite a bit of smokiness actually. Think of it like drinking merlot with a succubus from hell. That's what this would smell like. Merry malice and malevolent pleasure indeed! Average throw, average wear length.

Evil, hell booze, and red musk.

Quite festive with the boozy notes. I'm rediscovering red musk after being tired of it for a few years. I'm wishing I didn't get rid of Infernal Lover and others, heck I wish I could've afforded to keep all my bpals, just to revisit:) So, this one has the added wine note, with the red musk. Kind of bitter. It dries down to basically a SN red musk, though I find that it does seem to dominate a blend. Nice to try...I may invest in a great red musk blend soon, but not this one.

Just a tester of this one -- it was sour red musk at first, and I wasn't loving it, but then the sourness of the grape burnt off and it became quite a pleasant slightly boozy red musk, which then, unsurprisingly, turned into SN red musk on me, with, unsurprisingly, great throw and wear length. I really do like red musk; I just wish it were content to share the spotlight more often.