Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Snowballs of poppy-red musk, tangerine, blood orange, and mimosa blossom.

In The Bottle: Wow! I get the strong-but-distinct citrus notes of both tangerine AND blood orange, plus the red musk (which, at this stage, is NOT like the red musk of Smut). There's also something unnameable in the background. It's floral, but...in passing. Like, when I'm sniffing it's not present- until I start to take the bottle away from under my nose. I assume it's the mimosa, being the only note left, but it's most unusual.

Wet On Skin: The mimosa is WAY stronger at this point. In fact, it's all mimosa and poppy musk, no citrus at this stage.

Dry Down: The mimosa has calmed down some and now the musk is on a more level playing field, so they're pretty neck-and-neck.

In All: Medium throw and the combination has a powder-floral thing going on, with something sugary bringing up the rear. It reminds me a bit of the cherry blossom note in Hanami. I honestly don't know what I think of this. I am a huge fan of the Lab's citrus notes and I'm disappointed that my skin seems to have eaten them up in one fell swoop, as I feel they'd lend a roundness to this scent. Without it, it just seems to be all powdery on me :(

I will let it settle and retest in a few days. I might even add a drop or two of King Mandarin SN to my arm next time to see what that does. But if it stays as is, then off to the swaps it goes!

This is almost a SN Mimosa on me, after the first wet blast of blood orange and tangerine. I'm also going to try layering with King Mandarin....

Coquelicot Snow is so very orange! I do smell all the notes here, but they blur into an orangey melange with a soft, fluffy, creamy underlayer. At first it's a blast of tangerine and blood orange, though—a true bright spot of scent in the middle of winter. Then it's the musk, with the mimosa trailing behind sweetly. That snowy undercoat comes out in the drydown. It's powdery after a while in a way that I like, like a fine-grained orange snowcone with a bit of vanilla.

The snowballs this year are all so fun and yet totally wearable. As with the others, this is wintry but would truly work year round. So glad I tried all three!

Oh, I wanted this to work.

In the decant, bright sunny oranges and tangerines

Wet: still mostly citrus, with a slight undercurrent of something... odd,

dry down (like 30 minutes later): all gone, nothing left but the odd powdery funk which means the musk is one of those my skin hates (had hoped for mor poppy, less musk). Sad sad.

This is pretty. It starts out wet with a burst of tangerine and orange, but quickly settles into mostly what I'm assuming is mimosa, with a helping of fluffy musk. It's light and floral and elegant and feminine- a bit too feminine for me, but a friend who likes lady perfumes sniffed it on me and really liked it.

Strong tangerine, orange, tinges of red musk and snow. Very orangey.

I get an orangey musk. Reminiscent of Orange because of the intense orange citrus going on that does not fade in the first 15 minutes. Perhaps a bit too musky for my taste.

Orange, citrus, musk

I'm loving almost all of my BPTP Yules, but this is a HUGE no! I ended up scrubbing it off with soap. In the bottle and when first applied it was quite nice, very fizzy and orange smelling and happy, but it quickly turned into nasty cough sweets and old man aftershave. Beastly!! :(

A watery, slightly fruity red musk blend. It has the same feeling of Phoenix in Summer, kind of an aquatic red musk. I'm on a red musk kick lately, and though I probably wouldn't purchase a bottle, my need is fulfilled. For now. I really wish I didn't give up my Sherezade several years ago....

In the bottle, this was immediately MUSK to me, with strong tendrils of citrus woven through. Red musk is not my favorite form of musk, but it was worth risking it for the blood orange and tangerine. Upon application, the mimosa blossom hot me like a bunch. Sweet, powdery, with almost a honey note. It mixed with the musk and overpowered the citrus. The resulting scent is a musky, powdery floral. Very feminine, very pretty, and with very orange (like the color) vibes, even for lack of a citrus scent. Very pretty, but not for me.