Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
HerbGirl

Chestnut and Fig Atmosphere Spray

With Himalayan cedar, violet leaf, and cade.

Ok, i will review it since no one else has!
I love this...but it has a specific niche - it evokes one of my favorite spots at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, WA in late summer, purely because it is the only place i have ever been surrounded by chestnut trees and a chestnut once fell and hit me on the shoulder (ow). So, when i am feeling nostalgic, i will spray this.
It is a great scent but very masculine with a touch of sweetness. I don't know what cade is, so there's that. The violet leaf might provide a hint of tart greenery but the cedar (creamy cedar, not sharp pencil cedar - i love both) overshadows it. The chestnut is very present (and is not spiced!) and the fig must be the hint of sweetness. I love chestnut, it even smells chewy to me and am glad to have it in perfume oil and atmo spray this year! Good stuff!

Super perfumey plum. I was hoping so hard for this being more chestnut, cedar and violet leaf, but it's way too much plum to me. This would be great for a fan of Bordello.

Cade is prickly juniper. That being said, this is mostly a sweet fig and nutty chestnut scent, with the cedar, leaf, and juniper undercutting the two main notes and keeping them from being too sweet and nutty. As I associate figs w/ late summer, I'm saving this for late summer/early autumn, or anytime that I want to evoke that transitional season. :) Much love!

I get a rich chestnut/figgy plum, with a touch of cedar and juniper. It's autumnal and reminds you of the richness of the harvest, but with the cold breeze in the air heralding that winter is just around the corner. It's not too foodie, but still rich and toothsome.

I love fig, so I was hoping that it would sing through strongly in this, but the cedar is overpowering to me. I actually really do like it, it just smells nothing like I had hoped. Very woodsy.

got a lovely frimp of this today! at first spray i get the cedar-it's earthy and figgy, quite nice. it leans more towards traditionally masculine scents and it adds a nice air to the room. it makes me think of an old library in an old house filled with books and a roaring fire. it's winter when i'm trying this and i think it's perfect for the season.