Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RocketMelee

Call it a broken heart, a break-up, heartache...

I kinda fell for a straight guy (I maintain that he is seriously in the closet because he has more pairs of shoes than anyone I've met in my entire life). Don't really want to recall the whole embarrassing story but to sum it up, it Did Not End Well.

I'm marinating in Hemlock Honey right now (which is my go-to blend for just about everything) and I feel much better. It's heady and warm and sexy. It's hard to feel like a sad sack wearing a thing like this.

khazakant- here's to your your healing heart. I fall for straight women sometimes, I know what that's like. I agree Hemlock honey is a good choice.

my heartbreak scent is the hanging gardens. It's like nuzzling into warm earth in a pile of figs and flowers.

for some reason i tend to reach for samhain when i need comfort- i think it really does smell like autumn and the onset of nostalgia-steeped holidays. mme moriarty is another one.

just got a hold of a decant of comforting plush companion, and i must say it IS. comforting, that is. if i wasn't so worried about hoarding the small amount i have, i'd probably slather it when i got upset.

This is a very old thread, but I'm gonna bump it because I'm seeking a scent for heartbreak. Not a scent for getting over heartbreak, but one that smells like heartbreak - sadness, anger, grief, longing. A scent for feeling your feelings. This search started as a distraction and has now turned into a bit of a creative and intellectual exercise, lol. I'm currently wearing Night, which has the sort of wistful, brooding edge I'm seeking, but I'm wondering what ideas others have. (And many of the suggestions in this thread are discontinued).

Edited by wordortwo

On 2/28/2021 at 10:20 AM, wordortwo said:

This is a very old thread, but I'm gonna bump it because I'm seeking a scent for heartbreak. Not a scent for getting over heartbreak, but one that smells like heartbreak - sadness, anger, grief, longing. A scent for feeling your feelings. This search started as a distraction and has now turned into a bit of a creative and intellectual exercise, lol. I'm currently wearing Night, which has the sort of wistful, brooding edge I'm seeking, but I'm wondering what ideas others have. (And many of the suggestions in this thread are discontinued).

Haunted maybe?

On 2/28/2021 at 11:20 AM, wordortwo said:

Maybe We Wear the Mask? There's a wistful quality to it IMO, and I think Tom and Galen described it similarly in one of their videos.