Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Crypt Princess

Pomegranate and autumn apple with tea roses, red musk, a bouquet of pale grave flowers, and a winding sheet of white sandalwood and dusky vanilla.

Crypt Princess starts off as roses and pomegranate heavy. Some of the apple, sandalwood, and white flowers peek through after a few minutes.

It dries down to a dark, fruity, very femme blend. Neither Crypt King or Crypt Queen worked for me, but I find Crypt Princess to be much more wearable.

Dark, gothy, pom.

Mostly pomegranate & a bit of rose, with a hint of bitterness, followed by what my nose is reading as opium. On late drydown, I get some dusky vanilla which is my favorite part but the bitterness still lingers. Not really noticing any apple, sandalwood or red musk.

Interesting, but I'm more a Crypt Queen kind of gal.

This is a teeny tiny tester that I got with my Halloween decants (I had completely forgotten about them...woops)

In the imp: Oh lord this does not bode well. I'm hit by a foul, sour floral scent. It screams of old lady and soap. In between there's a faint beautiful rose and one or two faint whiffs of apple, but it's so quickly drowned out by the shrieking old soap lady.

On: Do I even dare to put this on? I must. For science! Sour florals and old fashioned rose soap. I don't know what it's about those soaps, they always shriek so loud to me. Not at all lady-like or soft and feminine. Evil roses in old soaps? I sense no pomegranate or apple, just a bit of the red musk. There's no vanilla to be seen either.

10 minutes after putting it on the awful florals go away and instead the pomegranate comes out strong with the good, soft rose that I got a swift whiff of in the imp.

It fades so quickly on me. An hour after putting it on it's already losing power. I'm very torn about if I like it or not, but my teeny tiny tester will probably be enough for me.

Sweet pomegranate, (a little too fruity and sweet), and a slight bit of patch or musk and a teeny bit if dirt. This is a more fruitier Crypt Queen, basically less of the above.

Powdery, tart pomegranate (always reminds me of sweet tarts candies) with soapy rose and a sharp, perfumey/musky white floral something. Surprisingly, I am not getting any red musk at all, and red musk usually turns blends into red musk single note on my skin. I find this to be unpleasantly sharp and tart.

Source: bottle from TP's Etsy

At first, my nose can't make much sense of this scent. It's both very well blended and yet simultaneously somewhat discordant. A little jarring but not unpleasant. I get some apple and sandalwood and a little bit of rose and pomegranate.

Fortunately the dry down on this is *gorgeous* and it turns into a lovely fruity floral/rose with touch of vanilla and a nice base of wood. Somehow the pomegranate combined with the apple gives this one a gentle pineapple note to me (which I love - usually actual pineapple notes in scents are too overpowering, but here it is just a hint and is therefore perfect).

However I should note that the description above comes from after wearing it several times and really *thinking* about what I was smelling - overall Crypt Princess is super well blended and smooth once it has a chance to settle on the skin, and I have to work to pick out individual notes. Which is fine because it is just the sort of happy fruity (but grounded) floral that I love.

Glad I took a chance on this one!

Edited by joopjoop

Rose heavy with pomegranate, the slightest hint of red musk, and white flowers. This goes very sweet on me. Crypt Queen is one of my favorite BPALs and I can tell that this is related. Unfortunately the Princess is not nearly as good on my skin and will be better off in someone else's royal court.