Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
quinkel

Philosophy Gingerman and Eggnog....

yesterday I bought Gingerman showergel and Eggnog 1in3 shampoo conditioner showergel and also Melting Marshmallow bodybutter from Philosophy.

Anyway, to be honest, I mostly bought them because they have the same name as the two BPAL scent i have on order :P

I an very curious if anyone has tried:

a. Philisopher stuff, can you tell me good combo's with BPAL?

B. Gingerbreadpoppet and Philoshoppers Gingerman, who used them both, are they similar/complementair.

Thanks for your advice

yesterday I bought Gingerman showergel and Eggnog 1in3 shampoo conditioner showergel and also Melting Marshmallow bodybutter from Philosophy.

Anyway, to be honest, I mostly bought them because they have the same name as the two BPAL scent i have on order :P

I an very curious if anyone has tried:

a. Philisopher stuff, can you tell me good combo's with BPAL?

B. Gingerbreadpoppet and Philoshoppers Gingerman, who used them both, are  they similar/complementair.

Thanks for your advice

Gingerbread poppet is way more gingerbready than the gingerbreadman, IMHO. Gingerbread man smells fabulous but has a strong lemony note in it, to me my nose at least (I think I have a weird nose, so take everything I saw with a grain of salt.) Gingerbread Poppet smells like actual gingerbread - the moist, chewy kind, not the kind a gingerbread house would be made of. They definitely complement each other, I used the Gingerbread Man Souffle that the lovely JazzieCazzie sent me yesterday along with some poppet and I smelled delish.

OTOH, I did have a very strong urge to go downstairs to starbuck to get a slice of their gingerbread (which is quite yummy).

I don't think you'll get any answers on the egg nog because it is new this year.

What did you think of the EggNog shampoo and shower stuff...I was thinking of picking some up while in Georgetown this Saturday...Mmmm how I love the Nog.

You'll laugh, but I did exactly the same thing - I picked up a 3-in-1 in Spiced Cider and Eggnog, plus Gingerbread Man, hoping they'd complement Beth's LEs. Drugstore.com had a great special that included a tub of the Gingerbread Souffle with purchase (they typically have great freebies on Philosophy orders, among other things).

Gingerbread Man is definitely citrusy. Beth's Gingerbread Poppet is so rich, so true, that I have a feeling you'll be as disappointed as I was when you compare the two. They smell ... well, nothing alike. The Lab has baking gingerbread down perfectly.

I like the Eggnog, but imagine it will seem watery and weak next to Beth's version. Between the concentration of scent you get in oils and Beth's knack for making every scent its lushest and most vibrant, that's my standard response with mass-produced bath and body products these days. I imagine I'll layer with it anyhow, as long as it doesn't conflict with Beth's scent; the 3-in-1s do good things for my dry skin.

It was worth the try, though! :P

I'm not big on Philosopy stuff- though I haven't tried Gingerbread Poppet or Eggnog, I can imagine making your own bath and body products with them would yield better results.

I have had no luck making my own stuff with the exception of soap...so I much prefer to buy the stuff...besides...i love philosophy's products...and the three in ones are excellent for dry skin.

I picked up a 3-in-1 in Spiced Cider and Eggnog, plus Gingerbread Man, hoping they'd complement Beth's LEs.  Drugstore.com had a great special that included a tub of the Gingerbread Souffle with purchase (they typically have great freebies on Philosophy orders, among other things).

jj_j, I did the drugstore.com deal too - only I ordered the Gingerman bubble bath & 3-in-1 Spiced Cider. And a while back there was a promo to get a 4 ounce 3-in-1 Pumpkin Pie so that's in our shower too.

I haven't tried any Yule LEs since I've only been around since September of this year. But to me, the Gingerman smells just like ginger ale and the Gingerbread souffle smells like Sudha Segara. The Spiced Cider stuff smells great although I haven't really figured out a BPAL companion for it - it's fruity and cinnamony.

The Pumpkin Pie smells just like it sounds and would obviously be a great complement to Jack, or anything that falls in the spicy-vanilla-buttery- and/or nutty families in my opinion.

Personally, I tend not to focus on my bath and shower products as part of my scent layering - I leave that job to the lotions, creams, body oils and such. I love scented body wash, bath gel, etc. but I'm fine if the scent doesn't linger on me, as long as I can really enjoy the moment. Unless of course, I paid a lot for something that was supposed to linger and it doesn't. But I am getting away from that a lot of that kind of stuff these days and just scenting my own stuff with my BPAL!

I have to admit I was tempted by the three in ones, but I settled on getting the Spiced Apples 3 in 1 big bottle as it layers PERFECTLY with Samhain (old one at least, not tried 04 version yet).

:P

I have to admit I was tempted by the three in ones, but I settled on getting the Spiced Apples 3 in 1 big bottle as it layers PERFECTLY with Samhain (old one at least, not tried 04 version yet).

It *does* go well with Samhain, and the Hesperides, too!

Something about the Pumpkin Pie made my toes curl up, and not in a good way, so I gave it to a friend. I tried it with Jack and with Gluttony, and neither one seemed to work for me.

I was tempted to try Gingerman 3 in 1 too, until I saw it says on the bottle "A ginger ale scented wash".

Not Gingerbread.

That would account for the lemon, then. :P

I was really wanting a cinnamon-buns style creamy yummy goo, but with ginger, too.

Damn you enablers!

Splashed out on the Egg Nog and Spiced Apple 3 in 1s yesterday...

Really, I mean thank you, since had a very lovely shower this morning and will probably do so until Christmas unless I forget to tell my boyfriend how expensive they were...

Bit off topic but today I tried Melting marsmellow body cream with Bliss... 100% match :P

Now I need more Bliss.....

I use the gingerbread man body scrub. Its awesome. I think Sudha sugara smells very similar to the scrub.

Sign in to follow this