Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Crushed grass, sweet pine sap, and California wildflowers.

I attended my very first Will Call (Yay dirty south!) and this will be first First review.

The original bottle I tested at the call was my perfect wet grass and honeysuckle scent, the one I had been looking for each time a description seemed to match. It made me think of being a little girl at my grandparent's house and rolling down the hills in the West Virginia mountains until I was dizzy

Now, the bottle I bought is not so much on the honeysuckle side of things and more herby. The pine sap is definitely the stronger note in this bottle. Very pleasant but doesn't punch me in the face with sweet nostalgia of crushed grass and flowers. Debating on getting another bottle to see if I can hit the jackpot again.

Oh man, I get something that smells like fresh laundry in the sun, green herbs and wild flowers. i swear is there some heather or ivy going on in here?

But yeah, overall, fresh summery laundry.

In alot of ways, it reminds me to Papow (the blend that was made in honor of Puddin's dog) with the summer outside, the fresh wildflowers and grass. It's simple, evocative of a summer day in the sunshine outside, and just powerful.

Flying Kites to me is not just a perfume - it's a moment in time with someone that is truly loved that is being shared publicly. It's the remembrance of a moment so powerful that even those that have not experienced it can catch a glimpse of what it must be like.

In the decant: Exactly like it says! The grass note really does smell like crushed grass, and I'm also getting the wildflowers and the pine sap from this.

Wet: The grass and floral notes jump out to me at first. The pine sap note is definitely present, but it isn't as prominent as the grass and floral notes. Eventually, the wildflowers overtake the grass. This really does smell like a field strewn with wildflowers on a summer day.

Dry: Mostly wildflowers. The scent is a lot softer now. I agree with zankoku_zen's description of fresh laundry in the sun.

Verdict: I don't feel the need to grab a bottle of this, but I am really glad that I was able to try it!

I agree with the above laundry in the sun comment. this might be my favorite of the post's lilith scents. fresh grass and soft flowers with a gentle bit of sap giving it some warmth and depth. it's so bright and happy and is pure loveliness. it's an instant mood lifter with nice throw and good staying power.

There's the scent of sweet, crushed grass straight out of the decant (from the Post's t-shirt grab bag marathon). On my skin it's all airy freshness. I thought it might be similar to Druid or Goofballs or something else with grass, but the flowers in this or the sap changes things up a bit. It really smells like the holy grail of soaked earth/flowers scents on my skin. Don't get me wrong, there isn't any aquatic at all - the airiness just smells so clean-washed that I'm getting post-Pacific-Northwest-rain-shower-in-the-Spring. It's glorious. I can't believe this was a random frimp, when I've been looking for an oil to do this on my skin ever since I got into bpal!

And maybe it's all in my head. But I love it to bits!!!

Almost identical to my beloved Sagittarius 2007 or Nothing Gold Can Stay. Sweet grasses, a breath of pine which thankfully passes, and some florals which dry back to sweet grass. Beautiful.