Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ReallyZeb

A Collapse of World Lines

White tea and olibanum with tangerine rind, clove bud, white bergamot, and unripe poisonous berries.

Both in the bottle and wet I get a lovely light citrussy scent, from the bergamot and the tea with a tiny touch of tangerine.

Once it dries I immediately get hit with clove, lots of clove - like two planets colliding and Planet Clove completely squashes poor old Planet Citrus. The berries may be circling at a distance, but only make an appearance after a couple of hours to add a sour fruit edge to the clove.

I was surprised to discover that this is all tangerine peel and clove on me. Although I could detect many of the other notes in the bottle, these notes are the ones that reign on my skin.

I do like the scent, and I will keep my half-bottle, but this is definitely a scent for cooler months.

This is one of the more interesting Century Guilds to me. It's white tea and berries that drydown to a clove, bergamot and resin blend, with a hint of tangerine. It's mysterious, complex, and all the components don't quite line up together between the wet stage and the drydown, so the experience ends up a little jagged.

But because it's not a smooth transition, this has been a blend that has been very interesting to experience.

Lovely citrus at first, but it changes rather quickly to a pithy kind of scent. Rather bland, and there is now a bit of shrill sweetness to it. This one started out great, but quickly went south in a bad way.

Ohhhhmygoodness.

First, Merry Christmas everyone!

So I finally got around to trying Collapse of World Lines, and whoa. Like...at first it is CITRUS! and CLOVE! Then, about 15 minutes after drydown, it gets a yummy sweet perfume-esque aura that catches the edges of your perception.... just out of reach. If you sniff your arm up close to find it, it only appears after you exhale... After 30 or so minutes everything is perfectly merged into an expensive smelling blend. Its really lovely...simple and complex somehow... evocative with two straightforward scents coming together and breaking down to create a melange of beauty. I am going to cherish my imp, and hopefully come into a bottle someday. ♡

Edited by HazelGrrl