Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Marsh of Frogs: weedy green musk, three boggy mosses, water lettuce, and water hyacinth against a backdrop of glittering moon rocks.

First things first, this is not a dank/boggy/wet vegetation scent!

When first applied I get a fairly strong blast of high pitched white flowers (they're reminding me strongly of Zephyr.. I imagine it's the "water hyacinth" a note I'm not that familiar with). Peeking out from behind those flowers is a sharp green note-- kind of like stems, but also recognizable as containing some of the "lettuce" note from The Last Unicorn. It disappears almost immediately and that is the end of anything resembling actual greenery here.

As the blend dries down the floral aspect morphs, becoming softer and, honestly, dryer-sheet-like (Zephyr does that to me too). The other notes then emerge: the "moon rocks" (soft, powdery, very slightly sweet), the decidedly aquatic musk (thin and slippery; no deepness or furriness here), and the mosses (kind of a dry green scent). The musk and mosses combine to give a fairly masculine, aquatic-cologne vibe.

The throw I get is clean, soft, cologney white floral. I hope a little aging brings out the musk/powdery rocks more.

I know some people might be wondering how this compares to a couple other beloved "rock" blends-- Staged Moon Landing and Black Opal. Dont get your hopes up.. Those two are more alike than this is to either of those blends. All three have a powdery/soft base that might be vanilla in origin, but I personally think any comparison ends there. This blend has none of the sweetness those blend do.

This is still just a day off the mail truck, but I want to make a note that I get no white florals from Palus Nebularum at all, thank the gods. On me, it is very much a wet vegetation scent with a lot of musk. Although it's a little masculine, the musky moss is pleasing. With just a little dab on one wrist, its throw is on the high side of moderate. I'm not sure about its lifespan because I went to bed last night only about an hour and a half after applying it, and I needed to take a shower about an hour or so after putting it on today. It showed no signs of dying down after an hour and a half, for what it's worth.

White florals are a one-way ticket to Migrainesville for me and I wasn't sure about the hyacinth or moon rocks, but it was worth the risk for me to buy the bottle unsniffed because it's my birthday moon and I love the poem. There was nothing like this in my collection, so I decided to give it a whirl.

This isn't something I'm likely to wear extremely often, but in certain moods. Maybe it will be best when I'm wearing green, or at home. It could be good for Halloween -- something about the mossiness is Halloweeny to me. I'm going to see if my husband will give it a try, because he's also a Taurus and I think it will smell good on him.

I just hope that as it ages, Palus Nebularum will continue to be free from white floral notes.

In bottle: Fairly subtle. It has a softly aquatic feel, with a sexy musky mix of green things. It really does suit it’s concept. The musk, mosses, and what I suspect to be water lettuce, blend beautifully with each other and the hint of rocks. The water hyacinth gives a floral kiss without intruding on the prevailing green impression. This is lovely in a water colour landscape sort of way and androgynous. Wet: It remains subtle and well blended on the skin, though the elements pop more as if the details have just come into focus. It remains musk and moss dominant, but the nexus of rocks, water lettuce, and hyacinth are doing some unusual things together now that they are standing out from the background a little more. It hasn’t much through and it creates an atmosphere rather than trying to draw attention to itself. If you are looking for something subtle that evokes a place and a mood, this should be about right. It’s a lovely little scent poem meditating on a marshy landscape. Dry: Mostly moss and musk with a touch of floral.

I've worn this two days straight trying to work out how to describe it and I'm still struggling - it's pretty unique. There is definitely a sweetness, a little powdery but not overly so. It gives a sense of being luminous, but I usually associate that with the white florals and in this I don't detect much floral. It's how I imagine baby powder would smell if it was made from moon rocks! There is a tiny hint of greenness but no swampy mossy scent. I love it, it feels very ethereal.

Palus Nebularum is green, mossy, watery mixed with a traditional citrus cologne. Remember Jean Nate? This is sort of what that smells like.

Clean, green, aquatic.

A moon that doesn't go all sharp on me! Lunar oils don't always play nice with me, but this is behaving. Kind of ethereal, but in a stronger sense, moonlike, with orris, watery and quite lovely. Not many florals and moons I can wear, so this is a nice treat!