Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

What Ought To Have Been A Red Rose Tree

White roses, white almond, and white tea leaf saturated with dragon’s blood resin.

This is lovely, the almond is prominent on first application, then the rose peeks out softly and the tea tones it and the dragon's blood down - to an almost creamy but potent blend. Lovely! :wub2:

Gorgeous on application, but three minutes in, BOOM: POWDER. My fingers are crossed that it'll soften up a bit over time.

In the decant, this is just heavenly. Reminds me so much of petites fours. :yum: A slightly rosey kind.

On: At first, that delicious almond cake is present while it's wet, but it dries into something more floral, thanks to the rose.

The almond cake is still there, but the rosey tea adds another dimension to it. While I would have preferred just a white almond cake perfume, because NOM, this is still really pretty. I also think it would age well. Still on the fence about a bottle though; if only it stayed petit four single note instead of morhping. :(

Sweet light roses, almonds and a hint of baby powder.

It's soft, pink, and very wearable.

Not my type of blend, but if you love roses, try this one a whirl.

I thought this was one of my tester lupers not realizing there was a half decant here and literally got a whole bunch of oil, so this is slather city here:) Getting white rose for sure, almond, and something that smells like amber. The almond fades pretty quickly, but the rose is still going strong with the 'amber', but what must be the tea. This reminds me of White Rose from the Unity set. Very nice, though it's not something I'd wear. I love the amber note here, even if it isn't amber:)

• ITI: Sweet and inviting almond lures me closer while rose subtly emerges just in time for the dragon's blood to pounce on the false sense of innocence fostered by the other notes. I like it!

Wet: There's almost a citrus quality about this, but more of a citrus tea than a straight tangerine. I think much of that stems from the combination of the white tea, the white rose, and the dragon's blood resin, with some sweetness from the almond. There is also a touch of powderiness to the scent as a whole, but it's very pleasant - feminine without being too floral, too cloying, or too exotic.

Dry: Lightly powdered roses and fragrant tea with subtle almond powder and just a hint of dragon's blood - like a proper lady's dusting powder to soften the skin with just a hint of intrigue.

I didn't care for Red, Red Rose when I tried it fresh months ago. It was basically a sharp-ish Rose with Dragon's Blood. So, I forgot about it and let it age.

Today I decided to revisit after giving it some alone time.

The rose has mellowed allowing the almond and tea to come through. All the notes are balanced nicely against one another.

This is one of those scents that I take one whiff and smell all the individual notes then I take another whiff and the notes come together into a somewhat different scent. In this case, when the notes come together, my nose registers the scent as juicy, peach tea. Which I love since peach is a death note for me, so, I don't have any peach scents in my collection. Red, Red Rose is light, cheerful, and stays pretty close to the skin. A nice spring/summer scent. I'm glad I didn't swap or sell this when I had a mind to.

I am always on the lookout for almond scents, and this one is a beauty. It doesn't fall easily into a category - almond without being foody, rose without being too floral, etc. Feminine but not girly or seductress -- you could easily wear this one to work, or to a garden party, or to have tea with friends or even visiting royalty.

My decant has aged into quite a viscous fluid, and the almond is most prominent when wet. As it dries the rose emerges, but it's not one of those big hit-you-over-the-head roses. My skin tends to eat up tea notes, so I don't perceive a lot of tea here though I'm sure it's tying things together. The dragon's blood blends really nicely with the rest and doesn't do that sickly sweet thing. All the notes combine into a lovely skin scent which manages to last a long time.