Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kashmira

Imaginer

A report from the land of dreams: honeyed patchouli, Madagascan black pepper, fossilized amber oil, beeswax absolute, massoia bark, Egyptian myrrh, and a thin thread of blood-red saffron.

Wet: Mmmm. So unique so far! Hard to pin down. It's sweet. And there's some really subtle earthy patchouli. Intriguing.

Dry: This is primarily a honey and beeswax scent on me, which I love! The patchouli is just a hint in the background. I can't really pick out the other notes, but there is certainly something more to it, giving it depth and interest. I really like it!

What a beauty. From the notes I was guessing I would love this, and I absolutely do. It's well-blended enough that I really have to sniff and think to get individual notes out of it, but I'd say the beeswax, patch, amber, and saffron are the most prominent, in that order. The pepper and myrrh add some spice and depth; this is what I'd call a golden-colored scent, but it has some darkness mixed in. It's actually rather spice-heavy, which I realized recently I don't have much of. I'll be wearing it lots!

At this point, it's well aged, which is a bonus. Overall: a lovely resinous honeyed blend, almost skin musky, but with that depth from the pepper, saffron, and myrrh. Blessedly non-patchouli..glad I have a bottle.

In the bottle: All Resins/myrrh plus I smell patchouli, which worries me because I have a lot of trouble with BPAL patch.

Wet: Yay, honey! with beeswax. I love BPAL honey, and it loves me. :D

Dry: Now I get an almost floral note of sweetness as the blend steps back. It's become a honeyed, resinous skin musk with a smidge of saffron. Feminine (womanly), but not OTT. Not a lot of spice or throw, which is fine with me.

Edited by RavenintheWind

I retested my tester of Imaginer this morning to decide whether or not to buy a bottle here on the forums. (My notes said only "want more!") Imaginer feels really right on my skin: a deep russet cloak to wrap around myself on a frigid day. It's dark honey and the rich amber I love so much and warm patchouli, a gorgeous warming blend for autumn and winter. I'm often anosmic to the Lab's pepper note, but the pepper and saffron seem to be contributing to the overall warmth and depth. No hippie patchouli here; this is sophisticated and work-appropriate. The throw is low, but it lasts really well on me. Want more is right!

ETA 3/1/21 and I'm wearing the scent in the bottle I did acquire.  The throw is massive!  Particularly when wet.  This bottle has less patch and more beeswax.  Still gorgeous. 

Edited by Lucchesa

Imaginer starts off with a blast of honeyed saffron and pepper on me. Quickly, though, these relax and meld into amber and beeswax with maybe a slight touch of the woodsy notes. It’s truly lovely, the waxy amber with the tang of saffron/pepper lasts a good while for me. I sometimes wish the patch was more apparent, but, at the same time, I love it as is.

Cozy and sophisticated, simultaneously. 

When Beth says honeyed patchouli, she really means honeyed.  The honey is the first thing that hits my nose.  The patchouli is sweet and almost delicate.  The beeswax has a way of muting the other notes for me, and that’s totally happening here.  Sweet, light, exotic -- reminds me of Morocco (could also be the saffron!).  Not super strong but this may be an old decant I’m testing so it might have faded.