Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Formula 57 Massage Oil

Strengthens emotional bonds and cultivates blossoming love: bourbon vanilla with ylang ylang, Roman chamomile, and white honey.

In the bottle: This is my favorite of the Luper blends that I ordered. Hopefully it will remain that way once it hits my skin! The bourbon vanilla note is the most prominent (huzzah!), followed by the white honey. The florals are present, but they are in the background. I love sugary florals, so unless my skin chemistry ends up hating the ylang ylang, this should be made of win.

I just applied this to half of my arm. It doesn't take long to sink in, and I can detect all of the notes in this blend. The florals are more prominent than they were in the bottle, but the bourbon vanilla note quickly claims its place on the center stage. Oh, this is lovely. The honey note doesn't seem to be one of the main players in this blend, because I just tested Fallen Woman hair gloss (which also has a white honey note), and it isn't very prominent on my skin. Maybe it adds to the general sweetness of this blend.

It's mostly just bourbon vanilla awesomeness now. The other notes have been confined to small background roles. I am in love. :wub2:

Needless to say, I adore this! I will be needing back-ups of this one!

*edit* After a little over an hour has passed, the chamomile and ylang ylang emerge, but they stay close to the skin.

Vanilla with soft ylang yland and a brush of chamomile. Very luxurious, and very vanilla.

Unfortunately the vanilla note is the type that tends to go plasticky on me.

Usage: I tried this as moisturizer as opposed to massage oil, and its fabulous for that purpose. Very moisturizing, and absorbs relatively quickly. If the scent worked out, I would have used this as moisturizer instead of massage oil.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Did I mention that I LOVE this?

Vanilla takes center with a supporting act by the honey. :wub2:

:joy:

This is a winner!

Slightly floral vanilla, it reminds me a bit of rice flower and vanilla, quite similar to Castitas, but I thought that one was much too sweet. I really like the scent of this, though it is quite soft. I find the massage oils much more suited to after shower use than the bath oils, it makes my skin very soft without an oily feeling, though the bath oil is *almost* as good. Hmmmm, I may splurge for a bottle, but gotta think on it a bit, as this is kiiind of foody, though it is pretty darn nice on.