Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kashmira

Trading Post Dungeon Atmosphere Spray

Whips, chains, goblin-sized leather harnesses, and Excitable Goblin Musk!

Of all the atmosphere sprays, this was one that I was most looking forward to trying.

It did not disappoint, though it has taken me by surprise. The leather in this one is similar to what one might find in an upscale riding stable -- it is polished, gleaming brown leather, not the black harsh leather like I was expecting. Underneath of the leather, I get a smell which reminds me of hemp rope, which can have a hay-like smell.

I don't smell any metal thus far, but there is definitely a funky musk lurking in the middle of all of these notes.

The notes all come together and are quite nice. I can see this spray being popular with people who want something very different from your "typical" atmosphere spray.

I get no leather in this. I just get delicious goblin musk! I love it. Will be ordering a full bottle before this goes down!

I have to admit, I was super disappoint.

I had thought this would be a remake of the original BPTP Dungeon atmo (Reviewed here), but upon actually smelling the goods, realized it is completely new and different.

While this scent is not actually bad, it is nowhere as nice as the previous incarnation.

My experience was much the same as DA's. Almost completely a nice musk blend.

I do get an added bit of roughness from leather, and as Kashmira mentions, it is definitely more of a brown leather. Overall a nice blend. But not quite what I was hoping for.

This is an initial blast of a sharp, high-pitched metallic note, followed by leather. I don't really smell the musk. The sharp note reminded me of another atmo spray I have, so I went on a testing spree of my massive atmo spray stash to find it. It is the same note I found in Scrooge's Apartments, which doesn't list a metal note. Hmmm... unfortunately, this is not a hit with me. I am not a big fan of leather notes, but I do have other sprays with leather that I prefer- in particular, Mrs. Palmer's Establishment, which I love.

I love this Atmo so much. It may very well be my favorite of all time.

I get the exact same leather that I get from Eldritch Dark, and interestingly to my nose it is a naughty black leather...sharp, biting and enhanced by a tang of shiny silver metals. As it dries the leather becomes less intense and backs off a bit, replaced by a sweet, sexy musk...it's a bit like the "infernal" musk that I adore so much in Crowley.

Everything about this is perfect, although I do wish it was a touch more assertive and intense! I just bought two more bottles to go with my current one. Mmmm...delish.

ETA: Leather and musks are two of my favorite notes of all time, and I adore the tang of the Labs metal so I probably am fairly biased on this one.

Edited by Wren12

SO weird. I got two bottles, and they both smell drastically different. One is all dark leather and musk and metal and *faints* delicious to me. It's like leathery Smut with a hint of metallic edge to it.

The other is... a wine scent? It still has hints of leather, but it's really purple and sweet and smells like other wine notes I've tried from the lab. Unfortunately, I don't get along very well with wine, and to my nose (and my daughters) most purple/fruity/wine notes come across as grape cough syrup. and cough syrup spilled on a saddle isn't quite my thing.

I think I'll be hoarding the one bottle and finding a new home for the other, hopefully with someone who likes purple.

Leather and musk. I get a ton of leather, dark musty musk with just a hint of metal. I'm not a leather fan, and this smells like leather and masculine musk and honestly, very apropos for a BDSM dungeon. Slick, in your face, raw.