Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lunameth

I smelt this today, can anyone recommend a blend?

Over the week my different oils have rubbed off on my coat cuffs and today they smelt absolutely delicious - tobacco smoke, honey, and spices. Please tell me this exists in a bottle!

Edited by Lunameth

The Illustrated Woman might work for you, though there are other notes involved and it can be a bit hard to find. There is also Tobacco Honey but that wouldn't have the added spices... I'm sure that people who are more into tobacco scents will have additional ideas. :)

Thanks so much, they both sound great! Really love the sound of The Illustrated Woman, shame that it's LE, though, I don't tend to have much luck finding those!

Thanks so much, they both sound great! Really love the sound of The Illustrated Woman, shame that it's LE, though, I don't tend to have much luck finding those!

Check out Etsy, and the sales sections on the Forums - I've seen a few bottles & decants around here & there, in my own searching for specific scents.

Also, I have the same issue: it's always fun when the precious rubs off on your fingers, smells divine, but you have no idea what order the imps were layered in :lol:

You could also try Ogun - heavy and dark cigar tobacco, gin and juniper, melon, chili pepper and a touch of honey.

On me it gets my award for oil that morphs the most - starts out all melon but then gets more and more complex.

Edited by ReallyZeb

Maybe Sin with Tobacco Honey? Or Sin by itself might even do the trick?

Sin: Thoroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon.

On me its a dark, sweet, and spicy scent.. so while it doesnt have tobacco or honey, it does cover that dark and sweet aspect at least.

I love those notes, especially honey and tobacco. :D I may have different skin chemistry than others, but I've tried both Tobacco Honey and The Illustrated Woman with disappointing results. Tobacco Honey came out all sweet, green, and flowery, and The Illustrated Woman was VERY pine-y and forest-y on me neither of which is how I like my tobacco scents. Those are good recs if they'll work for you though!

The best tobacco-and-sweet scents I've smelled are really hard to come by... Pinched with Four Aces is lovely... no honey, but gorgeous with sweet coffee overtones... and impossible to get. Sacrifice and Quincey Morris are also fabulous, sweet tobacco with leather notes too... and impossible to get now.

Kali is another favorite with tobacco and honey, but it's got strong, fruity red wine overtones. If you can do red musk, I LOVE Mme. Moriarty and it has a very "smoky-sweet" feel to me. Perversion is good like that too, and actually has tobacco as a note. Bengal is a good honey-spices, but not very smoky.

ETA: I've been dying to try Womb Furie (Snake Oil + Honey) but haven't gotten to it yet!

Edited by Pika

Just thought of another one (a more recent LE, so it could be easier to find)... how about Variety of Pleasing Amusements? Since the notes are honey, leather, tobacco, and myrrh, it might work. :)

*EDIT* The Antikythera Mechanism is a very popular sweet tobacco scent... doesn't have honey but could still be worth a try.

Edited by neptuneanblues

Mmm, sounds an intriguing one! How does the chilli come out on you?

It gives a spicy kick and for me, the idea of heat, toward the end, but somehow doesn't burn my skin like cinnamon would

I'd try something like tobacco honey layered with pickled imp. :D or the French tobacco sn layered with plunder.

This sounds lovely, I need something that smells like the OP's scent!

I have to agree - I :wub2: the tobacco in The Antikythera Mechanism (the first tobacco scent I tried, and completely fell in love with it), but both Illustrated Woman & Tobacco Honey were huge fails on me (as was Brisingamin). French Tobacco, however, works wonderfully but I have yet to layer it with anything (too many other blends to try :lol:).

Wow wow, so many amazing replies and recommendations! I'm not sure my addiction can cope, because I WILL have to try every single one!

The tobacco note I got from this mixture was the sweet after scent, the end of the inhale of a fresh puff of pipe smoke. So yes, sweet tobacco rather than acrid.