Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
boomtownrat

Planting Moon

The scent of Planting Moon is that of summer squashes, pole beans, kohlrabi, tomato leaves, peppery arugula, upturned earth, and sun-warmed herbs.

I put this on and right away my mind travels to the huge vegetable garden that my dad used to grow every year. When it's wet on my skin, it's as if I'm standing in the middle of all the tomato leaf, zingy arugula, and pole beans. As it dries there is a faint sweetness, as if I'm walking to another part of the garden where the squashes grow. There are herbs nearby. After the oil is fully dry, I smell the upturned earth. As for kohlrabi, I'm unfamiliar with that scent but it's probably part of that opening mélange. This is one of the most evocative, nostalgic scents I've ever smelled. As a Taurus, I'm pleased.

This was so pretty! A fresh, summery blend that i can smell tomato, a hint of peppery arugula and a bit of upturned earth. The "dirt" smell is further in the background than the Planting Moon v5 i have is thankfully (they are nothing alike). This one is such a lovely vegetal kind of smell. As it dries i am getting a floral/sweet herbal scent that smells golden warm if that makes sense? I am really glad i took a chance on a bottle of this. The scent notes made it sound really unique (i love tomato leaves!) and it does smell like a veggie garden in summer time! Beth is a genius!!

In bottle: Ooo! This is a n exciting variation on the early summer garden. The sharpness of tomato leaf is strongest with excellent support from the arrugula, pole beans, squash, and presumably kohlrabi. (I have no idea what kohlrabi smells like, and I’m weak on pole beans not having smelled them growing in a long time, but there’s plenty of body to the green growing things support here). The herbs give a piquant counterpoint. Something is a little sweeter here than expected in the undercurrent, but this is really all about the green. The earth here is understated, more suggesting gardening when combined with all that green, than standing on it’s own. This is the tomato leaf dominant scent I’ve been looking for for most of a decade. Wet: If anything, it’s richer amnd more complex on my skin. It’s still all about the tomato leaf, but the squash and arugula really separate out and pop. The beans and what I’m assuming is kohlrabi are also more distinct. All the greens still play well as do the herbs. The dirt stays background. I love smelling like my garden. I’m now wishing I’d bought more of these. Dry: It goes a little less natural smelling as it wears, but is still excellent. It ends up mostly tomato leaf and squash.

Completely wasted on me :( One of my few bottle purchases that really doesn't work out.

This is all green beans to me, when I wanted tomato-plants.

I will offer it for swap when I get back from holiday.

Planting Moon, you start with such promise. You open up as a green, tomato leaf, peppery arugula and vegetable blend.

And then you devolve into a green vegetable soap.

You are breaking my heart.

Right out of the imp, this does smell like a garden. I'm getting mostly tomato leaves, and something that smells like fresh cucumber and squash. Deep in the background, there's the dirt. This is quite lovely, and reminds me of my mom's garden in the heat of summer with a bit of summer florals drifting around. I like this, but it's more evocative that something I would wear as a perfume. Still, I'll keep the imp in case I want to smell my mom's garden without being there.

In bottle: Tomato and arugula leaves. Green and fresh and a little bitter, just absolute perfection.

Wet: Exactly the scent of a garden. Vegetable leaves and snapped green beans and somehow a real sense of wet dirt and warm sunshine. The dominant scent is tomato leaf, which I love and am always searching for. This is just so exactly like taking a deep breath of a garden or farmer’s market, and I have no idea how it’s been captured in a bottle.

Dry:  Pretty much the same as wet; it’s a scent that doesn’t change much from bottle through application. It lasts for a good amount of time, several hours though not into the next day. The perfect scent for spring and summer, or when I want to remember summer.