Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Poenari

Krampus Bath Oil

Be good, or Krampus will toss you in a river! Sinister red musk, black leather, dusty rags, and wooden switches.

Disclaimer: I use my bath oils as after-shower moisturizers, for scent layering with my BPAL perfumes and because of how awesome they are at moisturizing.

I was initially leery of the leather note in Krampus, but no worries so far. This is another beautiful dark sexy red musk scent, and my skin really amps red musk (but I also get the most compliments when I wear red musk.) So Krampus is mostly red musk, and the leather grounds it but thankfully doesn't have that chemical leather smell. I don't get dusty or woodsy notes, but overall it's hard to pick out anything other than the red musk. In fact, this decant smells so similar to Eldrich Dark that it's very hard to tell them apart on my skin (or in the decant bottle, both color and scent-wise.) I've never smelled the Krampus perfume oil, and am awaiting my decant order of it to compare to the bath oil. After I get that, and if it works out for layering, I might decide to get a bottle, but for now I plan to just stick with my larger bottle of Luxuria for a sexy red musk bath oil.

Edited because I did a direct comparison to Luxuria and decided that I need Krampus after all! It's definitely a darker, dustier musk than Luxuria, and I ordered two bottles!:wub2: Edited by Poenari

Red Musk om nom nom!

I'm editing this Dec 2013 because I forgot to add that I get dusty linen note under the gorgeous red musk and wood in the perfume oil but not with the bath oil hooray!!!

Edited by Herb Girl

Note: I use the Post's bath oils as after shower lotions on my dry skin.

In the decant: Leather and musk, a hint of wood.

Wet: Mostly woods, hints of the red musk and black leather.

The dry-down: Sadly, the black leather is turning chemical on me. :( Will try on SO.

Red musk, hint of leather.

If you're a fan of either, I'd suggest Krampus as it would probably give you a nice layer of subtle scent for any perfume that you'd like to wear.

Sexy.