Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Teak, ebony wood, osmanthus, patchouli, red sandalwood, vanilla orchid, tonka bean, tobacco, wild musk, spikenard, and sugandh kokila.

On the skin: Woodsy with some dirty patchouli. There is a slight sweetness here as well.

The dirt is a bit much for me, and it never really fades at all. Not for me. :(

This is my lesson to give Patchouli another chance! I've always loved Patchouli. But perhaps I loved it on other people, but not on me? Because when I tried this - whew! It was too strong and dirty. And all the reviews claim this is the "softer" Patchouli, ha ha! I really wanted to smell the osmanthus, my favorite flowering shrub, but I could smell nothing but Patchouli. But - after putting my imp aside for a few days - I gave it another try. Mmmmm... The Patch isn't as dirty, and it faded into a spicy, dusty floral that lasted throughout the day. Light and close to the skin, but still there in the evening. Added more. Kept sniffing my wrist. Hmmmmm… Definitely a lesson here. Give an interesting BPAL another chance.

In the decant: Woods and more woods on a base of orchid and tonka.

Wet: The ebony wood is most prominent.

The dry-down: Yes, the woods have blended back together, along with all the others into a scent that I shall wear this autumn. It just has that feeling. :)

This is such an unusual scent; it's a morpher and very hard to nail down because it keeps changing. I get the wooden notes as "dryer" notes but I also get a light floral note - I'm assuming the orchid - which almost makes a sharpness that I didn't think I'd be able to handle. I was a bit worried that it wasn't going to work on my skin until the sharpness started to fade, the patchouli started to surface, and the vanilla, oh the gorgeous slightly sweet vanilla, started to blossom on my skin.

I cannot wait to see how the patchouli ages in this blend. It does remind me of Banshee Beat, as mentioned -but a much less "dirty" blend - with a touch of floral and a much softer patchouli feel. I would definitely just give Glowing Vulva a try if you like this blend not because it's anywhere near identical but because they both have that expensive and exotic teak, floral, and vanilla cream feel to them (White Peacock throws in a dirty dose of patchouli). As for the general catalog, I would also try The Antikythera Mechanism and Tombstone if you like White Peacock.

Naughty Rating: This scent is like making love without words and being completely in the moment and then a few light spankings are thrown in to keep one off of his or her guard :whip:

Edited by GirlinDenial

Very reminiscent of Banshee Beat in the imp. On, it's more of that delicious patchouli but with woods instead of herbally hemp. I like! Warming up, I get more of the woods blended seamlessly with the patch and a bit of spiciness.

WHOA, this is good. I usually don't like many florals, but that white note from osmanthus + the strong but supple woodsiness of teak, sandalwood and patch is killer! The comparison to Cathedral is really apt. If Cathedral is the regal place of worship, WP is the beautiful young maiden that comes to pray in it. Milky white skin with a mysterious past.

It definitely has a vanillic aspect to it. It's delicately sweet and grounded by the richness of creamy tobacco. I can even pick out the nuttiness some people have been mentioning... it comes across as a warmed hazelnut to me, the likes of which I've only found in my beloved Black Pearl. This is SO nice, and how exciting considering I can count the number of bottles I use with florals on one hand. Must find more!

Edited by Balame

WHAT is going on with white peacock? there are so many notes in it that i love (teak, patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla orchid, tonic, tobacco, musk) and yet my first impulse upon sniffing was "EEEURGHHHH GET IT OFF ME!"

the notes i am unfamiliar with are osmanthus (floral), spikenard (which apparently can have a strong woody, resinous, smoky scent, which sounds great, but someone did report it smelling like feet) and sugandh kokila, which is described as "spicy and camphoraceous."

in all honesty, there is so much going on in this scent that it kind of blurs into a harsh, screaming white noise of a perfume and i can't pick up on anything distinctive. i'm assuming the blast of floral yuckiness i'm getting is thanks to the osmanthus which is basically screaming and shouting "I AM A FLOWER SMELL ME!!!" on top of what i can tell is really a lovely woody, resinous, musky base. i hear osmanthus can be fruity and there is a touch of that here but really this is not for me.

In the imp, I get sweet & woodsy.

Applied, it almost immediately turns into a scent I associate with heavy cigarette smokers wearing cheap perfume :\ There are so many notes in this that I adore (teak, tonka, ebony wood, patchouli, sandalwood, even bpal's tobacco note), but it's a total miss on me. It plays on me like Brisingamen did :(

Alas. I was so hopeful for this one.

Ugh, this has spikenard, my nemesis. I loathe spikenard. This scent starts out very nice... kind of an earthy wood with some sweetness and a hint of patchouli. I really like scents like that and wear them often. And although spikenard is usually a huge horrible disgusting jerk that ruins everything, I feel like I almost can't smell it in this. I'm sniffing pretty hard, and I'm coming up with dry woody patchouli. There may be a tiny whiff of that revolting harsh weed scent that spikenard is on my skin, but I think maybe I'm smelling it because I'm looking for it. I think that if it weren't listed among the notes, I wouldn't have known it.

This scent is pretty nice -- I like woody patchouli scents, but I like them when they smell deep and sweet and viscous, and this one smells kind of high-pitched and powdery. So, it's not my sort of scent anyway, but at least it makes me feel better that spikenard doesn't always try to kill me through my nose.

Light and cold in the decant, a dark patchouli on the skin. Musk is for sure another one of the leading notes. No clue what spikenard or sugandh kokila are supposed to smell like, but there is something warm and sweet in here as well. The woodsy notes are there but subtle and after a couple of minutes, the patchouli and musk go dusty. Earthy. Not for me, but glad I got to give it a try!