Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

Snake Oil Hair Gloss

By far, our most popular scent! Magnetic, mysterious, and exceedingly sexual in nature. A blend of exotic Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla.

I love Snake Oil hair gloss. I wore this the other day after not having worn it in a while, and it's aged as beautifully as the perfume. Staying power with this gloss is excellent on me, and it meshes beautifully with lots of perfume oils so it makes layering a snap. Definitely money well spent, especially when I consider how nice it is to smell Snake Oil in the air around me all day long. :bunnyluv:

AHA! So this is what Snake Oil is supposed to smell like! So, in the interest of full disclosure, Snake Oil and I have never gotten along. I've tried it fresh, aged, and super aged and in general there was something in the musk/vanilla interplay that just didn't work out for my skin chemistry. Neither did any of the Snake Pits.

In my hair on the other hand, I have this sugared incensey vanilla that just smells epic. And its cool that I can finally wear a version of Snake Oil.

Compared to my aged imp of Snake Oil (sadly idk how old it is), this is slightly spicier and not quite as smooth. However, I haven't even had my bottle for a month yet so we'll see how it fares in the near future. Nonetheless, this is Snake Oil and smells wonderful as is! Thankfully it's nothing like how my bottle smelled like on me when I got it fresh from the lab :shhh:

I spritzed 5 sprays into my hand and applied to wet hair! Fyi my hair reaches nearly the end of my sternum. This lasts for a long time. I could even smell it faintly in my hair the next morning! Wowza :boogie:

How did I manage to not review this?? One of my top 10 fave HG's. What's not to love about Snake Oil in HG format? I do like aged Snake Oil better, because I find it smoother and richer, but I find the HG to be pretty smooth and rich somehow as well. Either way, totally happy with it, and need to remember to pick up the bath oil to so I can smell like Snake Oil from head to toe!

My Snake Oil hair gloss was a gift from an incredibly generous forumite, so I don't know what vintage it is, but my guess would be aged a couple of years at least.  I know the Post says the hair glosses have a six month shelf life, but this is glorious!  I mean, it's Snake Oil.  For your hair.  I find all HG to be equally excellent in smoothing my coarse, dry, unruly curls, so what I'm reviewing is how much I like the scent and how long it lasts.  And Snake Oil HG (like the perfume) lasts a long, long time.  I could smell it in my hair quite distinctly the next morning.  It will pair beautifully with any SO variant and probably a lot of other things as well.  (I used it with classic SO perfume and Hedonism bath oil, which is heavy on the patchouli, and it was delicious.) 

Is it just me or is the hair gloss version sweeter? I adore my snake oil perfume, but I'm not totally sure how I feel about this. It lasts a long time and smells like snake oil, but there is *something* ever so slightly different that I don't love it as much...but I do still really like it. Oh and I almost forgot it was quite strong in my hair, just one squirt out of a tester was plenty! It made my hair shiny on the ends so that was nice. I have fine long hair with sensitive scalp and there was no irritation or greasiness. 

Edited by amoray