Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sharkdiver

Blue Ringed Octopus Spittle

BLUE RINGED OCTOPUS SPITTLE
Coconut meat, mango pulp, white mint, and melon.

Woo! First to review!

This bubbling bath brew takes me to a Caribbean island with a fruity drink in my hand; the coconut and mango stand out the most, and the mint actually compliments the fruit the same way it does in a mojito, not too overpowering, but definitely there lending a nice balance. The watermelon adds a sweetness that rounds it out very nicely.

The brew creates a soft foam on the top of the water, not mounds and mounds of bubbles, but just enough. In the water, the scent is there, but very light. I actually took a bit of the brew in my hands, wet it, then rubbed it into my skin so that the scent would last a little, which it did a little. The brew also creates a softness in the water that makes you skin soft even after you step out.

I really hope they create a perfume oil in this scent!!! I'm hoping Shango may compliment this - I'll report back on that.

In packet: Coconut - actually distinguishable as the fleshy bit, rather than the milk. A slight buttery quality, lightened by the tangy mango. The mint and melon add a refreshing juiciness, it is not a heavy scent at all. I agree that this would be an excellent perfume oil!

In bath: I didn't add but a generous palmful, so your results may vary if you use more. It created a foamy layer on top of the water, it didn't last very long but the water remained 'silky'. The scent was light and pleasant, and overall I liked it a lot.

Edited by braybrigade

I'vw tried twice to post this review, hopefully third time is a charm. I get lots of coconut meat, no mango, mint or melon to speak of. Once it hits the water, I get hardly any scent. There are a few bubbles, but they quickly disappear.

Blue Ringed Octopus Spittle smells mostly of coconut and melon. I don't really get mango, and maaaybe a whiff of mint.

It doesn't seem to be all that strongly scented.

I do think however that it was made to combo perfectly with Lemurian Seaweed for something that smells more like a dip in tropical ocean water. If you're looking for a beach experience, I'd definitely use both Lemurian Seaweed and BROS in the bath.