Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Invidiana

Nepthys v11

I have to say this is my favorite of the Nepthys protos. Though Nepthys was a goddess symoblic of death for the ancient Egyptians, this scent is actually full of life. Wet I get an initial burst of grapefruit; this is a sweet ruby red grapefruit, bright and sunny and not at all astringent, more like the rays of sunlight that give the Valley of the Kings an otherworldly golden glow during the daytime. On the drydown a beautiful warm and exotic Egyptian musk emerges, mingling with the grapefruit to evoke a bath of sunlight that leaves your skin with a sensual warmth. It's simple, but beautiful.

I wanted this because of Invidiana's review. Grapefruit? Egyptian Musk? Sold! :wub2:

Mmm! It smells like grapefruit oil in the bottle and on my skin. There's some lemon rind, and a bit of powderiness that throws it off a bit at first. I'm thinking, oh god no...is that a white floral sneaking up to turn this into laundry powder? Moments later, the powderiness that scared me has turned into a glowing Egyptian musk with an aura of nondescript citrus. It wears very close to the skin, so it's perfect for hot Summer days.

Definitely some lemon in this. Don't expect the grapefruit to be juicy and 'round' smelling either. It's very tart, sharp, and almost dry smelling. Makes me think that sandalwood may be in this. The musk is very nice and a glowing one at that. Makes me wish I could tolerate the sharpness of the citrus but that is usually a deal breaker for me.

Grapefruit rind, sandalwood, egyptian musk. Slight powderiness when it dries.

Other than that, golden, warm, exotic.

I get a bitter, slightly soapy, dry smelling citrus from this. It doesn't really smell like grapefruit on me, but a sort of nondescript, tart fruitiness. The drydown is a bit baby powdery and made me wonder if this had amber in it.