Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Virginia Bath Salts

VIRGINIA: HER BATH
Vanilla-infused Mysore sandalwood with khus and bourbon vanilla.

Wow! This came in a brilliant violet velveteen bag.

The scent is definitely a strong, rich, smooth sandalwood. The wood is a warmer, more thrummy wood, not as dry or powdery as some sandalwood is. The khus (vetiver root) is faint if present at all and does not overpower the blend. The bourbon vanilla adds a certain alcohol-ic, sweet light vanilla to the whole thing, but it's mostly a very warm sandalwood.

The oil itself is a blend of large chunk salt brimming with liquid (there was some at the base of the pouch, that was mostly emollient oil and perfume oil). The salt particles are a variety of translucent, opaque, clear, pink and white crystals of various sizes.

The dispersion was adequate as a few large crystals did remain on the base of the tub to scrub my bum, but overall a great product. Had to use three small handfuls to get the bath to where I wanted it to go. The bag may last me 2 to 3 baths.

I am thinking this one may be lesser scented than others. It's the only one I have used out of the 5 I bought so far, and I already used it all up in 3 baths, which was kinda disappointing. I take a bath almost *every* night so I go through a lot of bath products. I would have hoped this would have lasted a bit longer, but I like a strong scented bath when using bath products. This one smelled great but even with the amount I used, didn't have a ton of throw or linger a lot on the skin - scent was gone in the morning.

Virginia is a pretty scent, but I could not really detect the notes at all, just a sweet, light earthy smell mostly sandalwood as the poster above me said. I did feel nice and moisturized after the bath and not greasy at all. :) (And tub wasn't greasy after like with the bath oils, so that was great!)

In the bag, this smells fantastic. It smells like spicy vanilla sandalwood. I like this much more than the perfume oil, it's much simpler.

Smoky vanilla sandalwood. It's grown up, sophisticated woman. Heady.

I agree that it doesn't seem as strongly scented as perhaps some of the other bath oils (Kitty comes to mind). I got a 2 oz sample from a decant circle, and I'd say there is enough for three baths. Once I toweled off the scent lingered only mildly, which is okay for me, since I've got lotion and BPAL I like to put on and aren't necessarily adept at the layering business...

Did I mention how fabulous this is? No...well let me tell you...

Gorgeous Sandalwood, a bourbon vanilla that is to die for and a wee bit of Khus to keep it from being to damn sweet. I wish this scent would come in bottle form as I would slather myself in this all day. :lol:

Virginia Bath Salts

These are really gorgeous. The scent is a lot subtler and less sweet despite the two vanilla notes, but this scent is not gourmand vanilla, like Celeste, this is a woodsy vanilla or even vanilla incense-in fact, this is more of a sweet sandalwood scent than a vanilla one. And what glorious sandalwood this is! It’s rich, woody, warm and a little bit spicy, a very complex and exotic wood given the perfect level of sweetness by the vanilla. The vetiver note is subtle but I can definitely smell it, grounding the scent, adding a hint of smoke and earth to it. Because this isn’t a concentrated perfume, I tolerate this usually troublesome note better in here. The scent was quite subtle in the bath-sometimes I could smell sandalwood; at other times the khus was stronger. But I rubbed some of the oil remaining in the baggie on my skin afterwards for the full vanilla-sandalwood effect. It’s very different from the perfume but it compliments it nicely because it smells like dry sweetish incense. I am very impressed by these bath salts so far!

I only got about 2 ounces of these to test, and I used them all up in one bath. The scent was a very mild, warm, comforting vanilla-sandalwood. Woody and not very sweet. It didn't give off much scent in the water and only left a delicate sandalwood incense type of scent on my skin after the bath (and that faded once I applied some lotion). I find some of the other bath salts to be more strongly scented than this one. Anyhow, my skin did feel much happier after using these (not dry and itchy after my bath) and the salts didn't turn my hair into an oily mess like the bath oils do, so that was nice. I can see myself purchasing more bath salts in the future, though probably not in this scent again.