Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Leopard403

Kitty Bath Salts

KITTY: HER BATH
Strawberries, white grape, vanilla-soaked cream, and a dusting of a light spice-touched musk.

The scent: Lovely and identifiably foody. The strawberry doesn't have any sign of that plastic-y note I sometimes get, and the vanilla, cream, and musk combine to make this smell like rich and expensive strawberry shortcake (the food, not the doll). I don't smell any white grape.

The salts: I knew these were "wet" when I ordered them, but they are much wetter than I expected! Much of the oil pooled in the bottom of my plastic bag, and some of it leaked a bit. I think these may do better in jars with tiny scoops.

In the bath: Can't comment on this yet. I'm in the process of gutting and completely renovating a bathroom to put in a deep, decadent tub, so I'll report back when things are finished.

I was most looking forward to the Kitty bath salts, and I don't think they'll disappoint. In the bag, they're scented with strawberry and vanilla cream musk and I think they'll be brilliant in the bath.

Kitty is definitely very strongly scented. It's mostly a strawberries and cream scent, very sweet. It's like Beaver Moon 05, but in the bath.

I had to use LESS of the bath salts then when I took a bath with Virginia.

In fact, half way through the bath I added a little scoop of Virginia to make the bath less sweet.

Kitty Bath Salts

The salts: I love these! Even though the biggest grains don’t really seem to dissolve well and there’s a slight grittiness because of this, the salts make the water feel very soft. The oil makes the bath incredibly moisturising. The oil does float on the top of the water rather than dispersing like with the bath oils, but even so, it doesn’t feel like an oil slick and my skin feels so soft afterwards!

The scent: glorious! It’s very similar to the perfume, except it lacks the orchid note, and it’s a lot heavier on the strawberry and vanilla, it’s a lot more gourmand. The spicy musk is more prominent in the bath/steam rather than on the skin, this occasionally has a hint of cinnamon that is really lovely. The scent that lingers on my skin is strawberries and vanilla cream, absolutely divine. I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on some more of this.

I let my mom choose between Kitty and Ninon for her mother's day surprise, and she chose Kitty. I won't lie, I was a little disappointed! I usually don't like sweet, foody scents but there is something really magical and enticing about Kitty!

Its VERY strawberry. It reminds me of going berry picking as a kid and smelling all of those juicy berries in the car on the way home. The berry hits you in the face right away, and then there is this mouth watering, buttery sponge cake. Ohhhhh yum.

While the scent is strong (it filled up our whole back hallway with berry goodness), its not overwhelming. It just smells so so good.

I love these. SO. MUCH. They're perfect - so strongly scented, amazing fragrance, and leave my skin feeling so soft and happy and fragrant... I even love the look of them with the pink salt mixed with the cream colored salts. So girly. :wub2:

Before I put these into the bath, I thought that they smelled a bit sweeter than the Kitty perfume oil, but I thought that they smelled identical to the perfume oil once they were in the water. Beautiful, sweet, cakey strawberry with fresher notes that keep it from being really sweet and foodie. It's so pretty and relaxing to me. I almost fell asleep in the tub.

I used about 1/4 the bag and our bath tub is huge (fits me and my husband with lots of extra room), and the water was silky and there was plenty of scent. An hour later, my skin still smells lightly of Kitty and the bathroom/bedroom area smells delicious.

I got my husband to take a bath with me (sorry if that's TMI), as he usually loves bath salts, and he really liked these too. He tasted them when I turned around at one point (o_O) and said, "These taste like salt. Make sure you put that in your review." Big surprise. And afterwards he said, "My skin feels very smooth and soft. Is that normal?"