Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

shipping confirmation emails

this is a really quick question for anyone who's gotten the shipping confirmation emails from whomever it is (usps? beth? i'm not sure)

1) what email address does it come from?

2) what is the subject line?

i get about 120 spam messages/day on my primary email, so i need to filter and retrain my spam bot.

The only one I have ever gotten said "Delivery Confirmation" as the subject and it came from a USPS email address. Coincidentally enough, it was on my very first order.

I just found my most recent one...it is from "DeliveryConfirmationAlert@uspsshippingapis.com" and the subject line is "Delivery Confirmation Number".

As I'm an international customer, and can't use the USPS tracking, I'm hoping to hear from Beth personally soon to confirm when my package was re-sent.

I've taken this week off work so I can be at home to receive the package as our depot can be rather naff if you go to collect things. I so hope it turns up this week...

[deleted duplicate post ~qs]

Two quick questions on the USPS shipment announcement e-mails that are sent out:

1.) Do they go to the e-mail addres from which the Lab received your paypal payment -- meaning, the e-mail that's linked to your paypal account? I'm assuming yes.

2.) Do they have a specific Subject or From line? My paypal account is linked to my work email, which receives a TON of crap spam each day. I'd hate to miss the notification because I thought it was one of those fake tracking spams I've been getting of late.

Thanks!!!!

-Stacy

[merged with existing thread ~qs]

Edited by quantum spice

My most recent one went to the email address I use for PayPal...and the subject was:

Click-N-Ship Notification

I hope that helps! :P

(and semi-related... my most recent email regarding an order being shipped was on Saturday, and the package arrived today - from LA, CA to bumfuck, PA that FAST!!!) *bounce*

Thanks for moving, QS! I didn't realize you'd asked the same thing a few months ago. The search didn't turn up your post, or the answers! :P

Thanks for the info Blackrayne! I didn't receive one for my first order, so I wasn't sure what to be watching for. My oldest order seems to be date-wise in the batch that just went out ('cause it had Persephone in it, it went out after the others from the 21st), so I just didn't want to miss it.

I got one today, this is what it looks like (I edited some of the personal stuf):

**** This is a post-only message. Please do not respond. ****

Dear ANDRA ######,

This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service® at the request of SHIPPING DEPT..

A package with a Click-N-Ship® label created on usps.com containing the following information is scheduled to be shipped on 06/22/2004.

SHIPPING DEPT. ANDRA ######

BLACK PHOENIX ALCHEMY

1954 HILLHURST AVE # 10 #### ####### LNDG SW

LOS ANGELES CA 90027-2722 MARIETTA GA 30008-4061

Type of Service: Priority Mail

Label Number: #### #### 7492 8742 ###

To check on the delivery status of your package, please go to Track and Confirm at www.usps.com.

Thank you,

United States Postal Service®

**Please do not respond to this email. Any reply will not be received by the USPS or the shipper. This email was sent to you at the shipper's request to notify you that the information above has been electronically sent to the USPS.

**** This is a post-only message. Please do not respond. ****

I got mine, too. This is the first one I received (didn't get one for my first order, but that got here with no problemos).

Now to go stalk the postman :P

I never got a shipping confirmation email for any orders that I have ever made, I would just get an email from Brian of Beth saying that my stuff has shipped. Im not trying to complain or anything the waiting for it to get here does not bother me as much as when I dont get the status of my order to let me know everything is streight. :P I still did not get a reply yet. Please Please let me get on soon!

Reinaluna: I just received a response from Brian regarding my e-mail. Did you put all the information in your e-mail (name, shipping address, order date, what you ordered, CCNow Order number or Paypal transaction#, etc?)? If not, you might want to give them as much info as possible. I know when I do support e-mails, I do all the ones with all the info first before tackling the ones that don't have as much information, as I'll have to go digging to find them.

Just a thought :P I'm sure your order's fine. This order is the first one I received the notice on. The other came to me with no problems!

I most certainly have! :P I let forwarded the paypal payment cleared notice to them about 4 times now. I emailed and PM'd them that it is Paypal, how much the payment is, what blends I ordered, the size bottles and the order#. Thanks for your concern enozgirl. :D Like I said I dont mean to sound like im wining and complaining, I knew that since Nella is gone that it may take a little while,but I dont think that it is too much to take a few seconds to email me to let me know that status.

Edited by Reinaluna

very odd...

CC Now said my order shipped on July 13th, but I have nothing, nor have I heard from BPAL, or any kind of UPS.

I am not sure if CC Now is correct. I am leaning toward my items as not being shipped yet, which is better than the possiblity of them being LOST. :P

I hope not...

xxxx

Don't worry yet. Usually when ccnow says it's been shipped, that just means that the order has been sent to the Lab. The lab should be sending you a click n' ship when the order is actually filled and ready to be shipped. At least that has been the case with my orders. It's usually about a one month turn around for an order to be filled, and shipped. (I hope that makes sense!) :P

so, when you check your order status with CCNow, and this is what it says:

Order History: 15 Jul 2004 - Received

30 Jul 2004 - Order Shipped

it basically means that my order was finally processed by CCNow and sent to the lab? what will show up when the lab ships it out to my house? does anyone know?

PS-- i placed another order today! wee!

Diabolique-it will say the same thing forever and a day. It doesn't change when the Lab ships it. :P

Does anyone know how it is determined whether one of those click-and-ship notifications will be sent or not? Is it totally random? I have placed a total of four orders, two of which I received some time ago, one that I anticipate arriving any day now, and the last of which was just placed a couple days ago. I have never received any shipment notification messages, either in my inbox or filtered into my spam file, so I was just curious as to how it works.

Click n ship's show the date that the shipper has paid for the shipping. Then the packages are either taken to the post office and dropped off, or picked up by the Post Office. If you go to www.usps.com you can see how click n ship works. I'm thinking if there isn't a click n ship sent out, then the packages were taken directly to the Post Office and paid for there. (this is how it works when I ship my wings out, so I'm thinking it works the same for BPAL)

I suspected it was something like that...it's similar to how the UPS tracking site will show "manifest received" or something similar when they're received the electronic shipping list, but haven't yet scanned the physical package. I didn't really read much here in the forums before I'd received my second order, and when I saw mention of the click & ship notifications I was like "Wait a minute, I'm supposed to get an email telling me it's shipped? Why haven't I gotten one?!" :P

Thanks for the clarifaction!

Thank you for the clarification Fairywing..

I figured it was probably something like that.

:P

xxx

Edited by Ruby13