Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
London

Gods of Intercourse

Peach and peach blossom with rose geranium, red currant, pink musk, and gardenia.

In the vial: Smells like what I think peach scented laundry soap would smell like. Very clean and light with a hint of tartness. I am getting mostly peach blossom though, not any super sweet fruity notes yet.

Wet: Much the same as in the vial. A little more floral coming out.

Drydown: The floral is still the most prominent note.

Wearing: I see you PEACH! And you are MARVELOUS! And SWEET! Not fake peach, but like just pulling one off the tree and biting into it with juice running down your chin. But that peach tree is in the middle of a ZILLION soft flowers.

Later: The musk definitely makes an appearance, and just like that, the florals are grounded.

Overall impression: Good throw without being too overpowering. More floral than I usually like, but not headache-inducing-ly so. Definite keeper, and if a partial bottle came into my possession I wouldn't be upset.

Gods of Intercourse

In the imp: a fresh floral peach.

Wet on skin: peach and flowers-like Peach Moon but more pink.

Dry on skin: very nice. It’s a blushing pink peach blossom scent. it’s very floral, the peach blossom (really just a more flowery, crisper version of peach) coming out more than the peach fruit. This isn’t very sweet. The gardenia and geranium enhance the floral scent but the gardenia here is very subtle. The currant adds a tangy accent but doesn’t smell too sharp. The musk is fresh and has a floral clean scent a bit like cherry blossom crossed with rose. I’d say this was somewhere between Peach Moon and Angeronalia, as peach scents go, there’s a hint of Agalea here too, it’s a very crisp, almost nectarine-like peach, and so springy.

After a while: not so keen on how this ends up…an odd paper-powdery floral. The peach has completely gone by then and I get a really weird gardenia. Not a sharp acrid floral like I sometimes get from this note but a papery scent which smells a bit bland. I don’t even smell currant now-usually red currant is very strong on me. It also fades very fast, leaving a nondescript bland scent behind.

Verdict: this had promise to be a very pretty peachy spring scent but despite smelling agreeable at the beginning, it then turned weird on me and faded quickly. The scent was also a little too light and not sweet enough and I think it may have been the floral notes that turned on me. I passed on my decant.

Is it a keeper? No.

If you like this, try: Ebisu Making Love, Angeronalia, Peach Moon, Aglaea, The Cup of Death

In the vial: Peachy floral

On wet: Less peach all... ROSE. I amp roses though.

On drydown: Didn't last more than an hour before it just got very powdery.

Overall not bottle worthy for me.

This scent was a mystery to me, because it smelled like something very familiar to me. Then I realized it smells exactly like the shampoo I used to use. How weird. It also reminds me of Philommeidês from a couple years ago. I don't think I could wear this as a perfume, because it reminds me of shampoo. I mean, it is nice for a shampoo, something to use and have the scent very light in your hair afterwards, but I don't think I want it in my face as a perfume.

Edited by Madame Nyx

In the Bottle:

Red Florals

On my Skin, Wet:

A brief burst of peach, then it dries to a recognizable magnolia note.

On my Skin, Dry:

The magnolia fades, then it just becomes a generic floral blend.

Verdict:

I was hoping for a predominently peach scent.

The florals are not overpowering, but not what I was looking for from this blend.

So, I thought this would be the end all best match for me when shungas appeared this year.. however I completely surprised myself by falling in love with some on the opposite side of the spectrum...

Wet: wet peach, magnolia, very wet pink musk, slight rose geranium, red currant is juicy here. No acidicy, which is nice. Everything is well blended and smooth but strong. Very crimson and pink..accurate depiction.

Drydown: the peach burns off somewhat..turning more peach blossomy and there's a slightly dry red currant with rose geranium and magnolia. The pink musk has turned to soft pink sugar.

Nice and I would have been obsessed if I hadn't already pursued a ton of peach scents..gaoler's daughter is still my favorite, however this is a lovely brazen red peach. I can see this heightening a perfect humid afternoon moment this summer.

Edited by SophieCedar

Smells so fresh, peachy and like glowing skin, that kind of innocent sexuality of ripeness. And it all goes very well in the bottle, but I think the gardenia makes it too heady overall.

Preconceptions: I love the Shungas, and as such I tend to get my hands on as many of them as possible. I don't really go for florals, but there's a chance that the Gods might smell more like a musky, juicy peach than a flower garden, so I took a chance on this one.

In the bottle: To my slight disappointment, it's a floral, but at least it's not a boring one. It's possible that the currant and musk combine to make it a little more interesting than it otherwise would be.

Wet: It's a round floral, if that makes any sense. There's more to it than just flowers, even though I can't pick out individual notes.

Dry: The scent hasn't noticeably morphed - it's still a floral with an interesting undertone. The peach isn't noticeable, and the floral shows no sign of dissolving into powder (thankfully).

Verdict: It's not quite the dripping peach I'd been hoping for, but neither is it a bad scent. I don't think I'll wear it often, but neither will it get shoved into the box with all of the scents that I can't stand. If I liked florals more, this would likely be a favorite.

This is a sweet, subtle peach -- not sliced, if that makes sense. Just a ripe, sun-warmed peach waiting to be bitten into -- with a breath of soft, gorgeous florals. There's something else, too, a warm skin scent that's probably the musk, which rounds the whole thing out and keeps it from being too innocent. This is a very intimate scent. It stays close to the skin, so someone would have to be very close to smell it. ;)

Very pretty, gentle peach scent. The gardenia is not too strong at all (I dislike gardenia, so if I like a blend that has gardenia in it, it must be very subtle), and the pink musk is a nice touch. It smells light and playful, and quite feminine.

This is a good one.