Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aurelius

Scents with almonds?

Guess I should add Decadence to that list of scents...got it today as a freebie and, you guessed it, almonds. :P

~ Penance

Guess I should add Decadence to that list of scents...got it today as a freebie and, you guessed it, almonds. :P

~ Penance

Aw that sucks! :D The name sounds so freaking yummy though.... I'm sorry it had almonds / didn't work out for you sweetie!

And you're welcome. ^^ I just figured I'd add that in, it's so yummy, but I'm sorry that Almond Oil makes you feel sick. :D

~ Penance

At first when I read this, I felt bad that I hadn't mentioned it, and then I reread my post and saw that I did - sorry it got lost in there...

At first when I read this, I felt bad that I hadn't mentioned it, and then I reread my post and saw that I did - sorry it got lost in there...

It's my fault for not reading more thoroughly, I admit it. :D

I've been studying for a psychopathology midterm these last few days and I've gotten into the habit of skimming things. :P :D

~ Penance

It's my fault for not reading more thoroughly, I admit it. :P

I've been studying for a psychopathology midterm these last few days and I've gotten into the habit of skimming things. :D :D

~ Penance

That's understandable! It's REALLY easy to miss stuff when you're studying / skimming....

That aside... Good luck on your test! I'll be sending you some good vibes... :D I'm sure you'll do wonderful on it, but still, good luck! :D

And is Psychopathology.... uh....does that have to do with Psychopaths? LMAO

Well, yeah, it's easy to miss stuff when you're skimming... it's also easy to miss stuff if it was sort of in the middle of a longer post that wasn't actually about giving you suggestions, like I did.

So, I think we both had a part in the you missing it...

Anyway, I wish you a lot of luck on your midterm! Sounds like a very interesting class, by the way.

Thank you, everyone! I'm pretty sure I aced it, so here's to hoping I'm right! :D

I guess it does have to do with pychopaths, come to think of it... :P

It's basically advanced abnormal psychology. Very interesting stuff, it's the high point of my week. I wish I had that class every day. :D

~ Penance

I just thought of another oil you should avoid if you don't like almonds. I really hate to even mention it because to me, it's one of the most beautiful BPALs ever, but Snow While smells a little almondy to me. But really, if it ever comes back, you should order it anyway, it's just the tiniest hint of almond and you could sell or swap it in a hearbeat. Probably to me :P

And congratulations on your exam!

Thanks, ChupaChup! :P

I'll give Snow White a chance if I ever get a go at it, it's worth the risk, methinks. Besides, I've heard it smells a lot like LUSH's Snowcake which, for some reason, doesn't make me sick even though it smells kind like marzipan. I'll just cross my fingers and my toes and hope for the best. :D

~ Penance

Hmmm... cyanide. That's *exactly* what Eclipse smelt like on me. :P

Bordello has amaretto in it and is quite almondy on me - another one to add to your list!

Edited because I can't make smilies on my own...

Edited by Miggins

Okey-dokey, I'll mark Bordello down. Thank you! :P

Why oh why must so many scents have almond in them? It makes me so sad. :D

But on a brighter note, I finally found one with almonds that works reasonably well on me: Old Port-Au-Prince. I know it's on the list, but I had it from a swap and the sassafras and rum were calling my name...:D

~ Penance

Will do! Thankies! :D

I think my "avoid like the plague list" is now officially longer than my wishlist. :P

~ Penance

Will do!  Thankies! :D

I think my "avoid like the plague list" is now officially longer than my wishlist. :P

~ Penance

Hah yeah. I have to avoid Almond cause it breaks me usually but Dana O Shee has a very low level IMO. Of course its still there so fi the scent makes you gag stay away.

I definitely will. I've had my fair share of being sick as a dog as a result of smelling certain oils (*cough* Baron Samedi *cough*), so I'm planning on staying way the hell away from everything else on that list unless there's a damn good reason for trying them...or unless I'm really drunk and feeling reckless. :P

~ Penance

I definitely will.  I've had my fair share of being sick as a dog as a result of smelling certain oils (*cough* Baron Samedi *cough*), so I'm planning on staying way the hell away from everything else on that list unless there's a damn good reason for trying them...or unless I'm really drunk and feeling reckless. :P

~ Penance

What about if you had a cold?? Then you couldn't smell it for the most part! (Okay so that's a bad idea... LOL.)

Aiiya, I'm sorry that your "Avoid like the plague" list is longer than your wishlist! That has to be tough! Do you have other types of scents on there other than just almonds? (Like what kinds I mean? lol.) Sorry to hijack but my curioisity always gets to me!

Well, there're some that I would prefer not to try because they have lemon or anise in them, but they're not on my "avoid like the plague" list. The only things on there are almond scents. Apparently there're a lot of BPAL scents with almonds in them. :P

~ Penance

Well, there're some that I would prefer not to try because they have lemon or anise in them, but they're not on my "avoid like the plague" list.  The only things on there are almond scents.  Apparently there're a lot of BPAL scents with almonds in them. :D

~ Penance

I'm sorry that so many have that in them! :D That sucks... and maybe you can tolerate Snowcake because it also has Roses in it, and isn't really super duper strong, unlike just a normal essense oil? (which, would be STRONGER than a soap, I'd think... :D;; ) Since it's more diluted in soap, maybe that's why? (just an idea!)

Lemon and anise are both on my "don't really like the thought of" list too... lol (I don't prefer citrus, or licorice. lol.) Except ones with almonds ARE on my list... I'm sorry again that you can't tolerate it, that sucks so bad that so many have it in them! :P

C'est la vie, eh? I've learned to live with it. I make it up by loving the things so many other people hate: patchouli, cedar, oakmoss...all the dirty, woodsy, manly type smells. I guess it balances out in the end, plus it gives me plenty of trading fodder. :P

~ Penance

I think it's official that I can add Alice to the list of ones that I can't stand. I know there's no almond in it, but god dammit, it smelled almondy! :P

I'm beginning to think carnations are something else I need to really steer clear of for whatever reason. For some reason everything I've tried with carnations in it has caused a bad reaction for me lately.

So, let's see...now I can't stand almond, anise or carnation. And I just plain don't like citrus unless it's grapefruit. I'm a mess. :D

~ Penance

I think it's official that I can add Alice to the list of ones that I can't stand.  I know there's no almond in it, but god dammit, it smelled almondy! :D

I'm beginning to think carnations are something else I need to really steer clear of for whatever reason.  For some reason everything I've tried with carnations in it has caused a bad reaction for me lately.

So, let's see...now I can't stand almond, anise or carnation.  And I just plain don't like citrus unless it's grapefruit.  I'm a mess. :D

~ Penance

Aw sweetie, I'm sorry another scent didn't work out for you :D Maybe it had cherry in it??

And, what KIND of reaction? :P And does potion do it to you too sweetie? Ugh I'm sorry...

And you're not a mess! I think we're -all- like that... I don't think there's one of us who doesn't have 4-5+ scents that just don't work for us!

I think it was the carnation that did it, now that I think about it. There's something vaguely nauseating about carnation, too. :P

Carnations are starting to make me kind of queasy these days, too. Not as bad as almonds, but still enough to make me want to avoid them. :D

Heh, I've got a list a mile long of scents that don't work for me... :D

~ Penance