Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Deadly and seductive: vanilla-infused sandalwood, blood musk, antique patchouli, vetiver, lavender, bitter almond, amber, and a trickle of Snake Oil.

I'm really liking this one!

I was avoiding writing a review because, to me, it's in the same family as Samhain and no one else seems to think that and I can't find what in the notes would make me think that.

I find Witch Dance to be a more feminine Samhain and Tombeur to be a more masculine version, which is probably thanks to the vetiver and maybe lavender

The snake oil in this is great, just enough to get noticed but doesn't commandeer the scent

I find it to be a super sexy scent

i was putting off testing this as it has soooooo many notes i love, and one i hate (almond) and i was so worried that the almond would ruin it for me BUT. OMG. this is amazing. I am so getting a bottle of this. i freaking love it so much. there is something about it that reminds me of Loved to Death, and Sin, with the vetiver in here keeping it from being too sweet. UHNF. hells yes this is SO GOOD.

I get a kinda spooky, interesting blood musk and honey blend similar to Moriarty or Kisses for Us All, drying down to a smutty funk. :[ Its okay in some places, but final drydown I am not liking. Will let it age some more. 

Got a fresh bottle of this from the lab and HELLOOOO NURSE it is very strong and sexy right out of the gate. Dark, unisex, musk. I get different whiffs of notes depending on where I've applied it - vanilla sandalwood is really hanging in there from under my shirt but antique patchouli is in the lead from the crook of my elbow. If you want to oooooze seduction, this is the scent. Apply sparingly if you don't want to knock people over though, it's potent!

Edited to add: a year later I'm definitely getting a bit more of a how do you do from the vetiver when freshly applied, but it is well balanced among the other notes, and the experience of wearing it is still very much as I described above. 

Edited by LavenderCoffee

When I first got this from the Lab a couple years ago, I found it kind of sharp and discordant. But dayuum, aging has done it wonders. It's still a bold scent, with the blood musk and vetiver, but the dry down is so sexy. Animalic, fuzzy, but with a gorgeous syrupy vanilla'd red musk. I don't find the Snake Oil super recognizable in this unless I look for it, but I think it's what gives this a lot of its sweet slinkiness. After 12 hours or so I can still smell it on my skin, and in this stage it reminds me a bit of the light, sweet red musk of Random Brothel (which is a very good thing).