Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Venneh

ICD19

(Looked through the whole section and wasn't able to find a topic for this, mods, if there is one that I missed, please merge w/appropriate topic.)

Got a tester of this in a recent package, can't WAIT to try it out; in the vial, I get mostly chamomile. On my skin, chamomile, and something green. I think? Ends up fading quickly, so I can't quite put my finger on it. Sorry bout that.

Edited by Venneh

I also got a small tester of this in one of my forum packages, though I don't remember seeing it on any prototype lists? It smells very similar to Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple on me, starting off with a crunchy, fresh smelling green apple and drying down to a green apple and warm vanilla candy sort of smell.

In decant: green and citrusy, with a definite "juicy" feel--seems to be crisp apple.

Wet on skin: green fresh note, apple, and citrus. This is actually cool to the skin, and slightly minty--maybe there is a hint of eucalyptus here, or a different slightly-medicinal mint. But the overall effect is not medicinal--sweet juicy apple. Apple juice with ice? :P

Dry: well, it's morphed into a soapy apple. The green-ness is gone, as well as the citrus feel, and what's left is the sweet soapy apple that is going faintly grandmothery over time, which leads me to suspect some white musk element here.

Verdict: pass! The wet phase was nice but this just didn't work out.

Tart green apple (like a granny smith), something lemon-y, and hint of white musk.

The lemon note is actually very pretty and mellow.

No pledge here, this is some fancy-schmancy lemon, like a Meyer or something. It may be actually be an herb (lemon balm?) instead of actual lemons.

ICD19 is like a really put-together older sister of BPAL's Delirium. She is well dressed, smelling of soap and clean skin and freshly laundered clothes that dried on a line out in the herb garden, in the sunshine. She just baked an apple tart she found the recipe for in Martha Stewart Living. The apples were organically grown in her own garden. She will bring the apple tart to her poor, deluded sister who is currently residing in a sanitarium for the insane.

Good for you, ICD19!

Edited by crimescenecleanup

This smells like Golden Apple of the Stars. It's a fresh green apple with honey. And a touch of linen. So pretty much golden honeyed apples. Great throw and wear length.

Why aren't more people crazy for this?!

Green apples, lemon something...verbena I think, and then something sweet and dusty. Not bad!