Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tacey

Summer floral - gardens and sunshine!

Do you ever wake up and KNOW what kind of scent you need for the day, and then discover that YOU DON'T OWN ONE LIKE THAT? :huh: I'm off kilter today, because I don't own a gorgeous summery flower garden. I'm not talking about a simple floral blend with two or three notes - I need the whole thing, drenched in heat and sunshine and every color and shape of flower that exists.

I have Jasmine Cottage and Garden Patch with Chickens (well, imps of each), but they're both way to the 'greenery' side - ivy and grass and what I keep reading as weeds... But the imagery and descriptions of these are exactly what I mean. I've never sniffed E Pluribus Unum, but that's got the idea, too - just an enourmous bouquet of everything. Can you tell I'm in the mood for over the top?

Specific notes: I have trouble with rose and lily of the valley (from queen of hearts), and jasmine has been known to behave beautifully or completely overwhelm. And I just don't care for things described as 'white florals' or 'gentle florals' - the unicorn doesn't reach me at all.

So, what should I try out in my next order or post an ISO for?

It might be a little too tropical for what you're looking for, but Machu Picchu is a big pile of florals. Its got an aquatic/wetness and some fruit to it. Not exactly a summer flower garden, unless you're thinking a tropical garden.

If you want to risk the jasmine, New Orleans might be a good one to try too. Its got some of the dirt smell that always makes me think of a garden.

I haven't tried it, but based off of some reviews The Hanging Gardens sounds pretty close to what you're looking for.

Edited by arlith

Some ideas:

Machu Picchu

AF25

Forbidden Fruit (note that it has jasmine)

Hanging Gardens

Litha (any year)

Fairy Market

Maybe Sunflower (for sunshineyness, though it's not as big a floral, and it's more late-summer outdoorsy), or perhaps Kali or Flora would give you this feeling (they're not solely floral but they're big and summery and warm with a floral component.)

Thank you both for all the good suggestions and links! I had seen several of the threads, but my quick skim seemed to say that most of the questions covered were not quite what I'm looking for. I'll go through them in better detail, though, definitely.

I have imps of a few of those mentioned, so I'll pull them out and see if they fill my need... :) And the ones I don't have I'll check into -- might add to a wishlist!

I'm surprised I'm having trouble with this -- there are sooooo many florals, I just didn't realize how specific most of them are.

The East is my flower field scent. Also, Aurora Spaceship was pretty good for that.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I've added The East to my wishlist to check out sometime - I've been intrigued by it off and on, so your rec is really encouraging. Hanging Gardens really is a beautiful scent - to me, it's an evening garden, but it's still wonderful and very much in line with what I wanted. It's on order, and my imp has been resurrected! :)

And now I have a great goal to go through some more GCs in search of - always a welcome excuse!