Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Dido v1

Dido v1 - If there's fruit in this, I don't smell it at all! It's very much a delicate floral scent, in the same category as the prototype Gossamer v3, as well as the GC The Unicorn. It's wispy and ethereal, and hard to pin down. Nope, try as I might, I can't identify one single specific note in this. Sorry guys, I know that's not much help... all I can say is it's a light, wispy floral, and would fit in nicely with the funereal blends.

In the bottle, a floral with both sweetness and sharpness, and a note that feels aquatic or ozoney - cool and slightly haughty.

On, it sharpens further, and I think there might be lemon, a biting kind of lemon, in there with the unidentifiable (for me) floral blend. It's not as cool once it goes on; it starts to warm up and make me think of a lush summer garden, full of bright white flowers (magnolia? One of the heady whites, not the piercing ones, at least at first; it does shift to the piercing white florals as it settles, sadly).

The overall impression is white, white, white, blinding, with a ring of yellow. It does go sharply soapy on my skin — in the high-pitched, really clean way, not the Irish Spring way. ;) It's intensely floral in a way I find hard to describe (regally shrieking?), but it certainly has personality. Just not a personality that works with mine.

ETA: Forgot to mention: The throw is pretty intense. I just smeared some on one wrist and it's overwhelmed everything else I tested today! It's so strong it kind of makes my eyes water (though I'm sure allergies are helping with that!). As it gets entirely dry, the suggestion of lemon starts to reappear, and while I love lemon, here it just adds to the soapy/cleaner aspect, alas.

Edited by bookandbroom

Aquatic, sweet floral that has a really powerful throw on me. I love the scent, but I think I'm going to be smelling it all day -- which really isn't a bad thing.

White floral with a hint of fruit. On wet, I really think this has a fair bit of plumeria because it had that rich, juicy floral sweetness that I tend to associate with plumeria. As it dries, it takes on a more 'ethereal' and 'wispy' quality that reminds me alot to Empyreal Mist. There is something green in the background, lurking.

I hate how short my review for this is, but it's a sharp, perfumey, white floral soap on my skin. Chemical-y floral and dry soapiness. I can't pick out any one floral note, because it just smells generic on me, and this probably has ozone in it, because it's turning to dryer sheet soapiness on my skin. I had to scrub this one off, because I can't handle sharp scents or overwhelmingly soapy blends, and this is both...