Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Deadly Nightshade Honey

I added this to my order on a whim, and I'm so glad I did. Both in the imp and on my skin, honey dominates. It's a warm, concentrated honey scent as though a whole jar of it crystallized and then melted a little in the sun. While it's wet and in the imp, I get very dark green spice that must be deadly nightshade. The deadly nightshade is the shade to the honey's sun, cool and a little sour. But in the drydown, it's like the nightshade has been preserved in a sealed jar of honey. If I really dig I can find some herbal notes... mostly it's dark amber honey. I love honey and I love greens, so this is a great win for me.

Edit: Now that it's not so fresh out of the mailbox, I get more of the nightshade in the dry down. The majority of the throw is still honey and probably always will be on my skin, but leaning in close reveals the cool, almost minty nightshade. Makes me wish the rest of Rappaccini's Apiary was still in production. 

Edited by niffler
Changes due to settling in imp

Golden, waxy honey with a hint of plant underneath: a juicy floral or a delicate berry. Maybe both?

Not at all similar to BPAL’s Belladonna. 

This a nice honey blend, and makes me think of spring!

Never met a honey I didn’t like! Here, sharp herbal nightshade is drowned in thick, golden honey that almost reminds me of coconut suntan oil. Lush and sweet and sexy and a little dark and mysterious. Dang!! Love it.

A sniff from the bottle: Bitter! What!?

Wet: Sharp green, little hint of floral, honey smearing through.

Drying down: There's a slight spice, as the bitter greenness calms the eff down, and the honey gets a little creamy and less sharp as well.

I can see where some people may get amber or coconut. There's that slight warm nuttiness.

I'm giving this to a friend for her birthday, and I hope she likes it!

My skin amps honey, and honey smells like beeswax, and beeswax smells like my beloved light of mens life. This is like a more floral version of it. unfortunately after about 20 minutes its just sickly sweet on my skin :(