Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

Citadel of Awesome Atmosphere Spray

CITADEL OF AWESOME ATMOSPHERE SPRAY
Sugary sweet and squeaky clean! The perfect background scent for those who kick ass for the good of mankind!

Crystalline musks, spun sugar, ginger lily, neroli, violet feuilles, and white amber.

Disappointingly faint and generic, just blah; I couldn't pick out the lovely notes listed beyond a vague sweetness. MEH.

:(

I am sad, but will try retesting when my sinuses are less clogged and my olfactory senses improved. But at this point I am deeply disappointed considering that every single note in this blend sounds fantastic and ARE fantastic historically, on my skin at least. Edited by Shollin

Fluffy, sweet sugary musk. I was sad that this had already sold out at C2 Friday night, so I just got to try the tester. It's lovely.

This is such a cool atmosphere spray! I opened a much anticipated package and this one was the first one I pulled out. After I sprayed it in my living room I got the perfect picture of what it smells like to me: clean laundry being tumbled in a cotton candy machine! It's got a good, clean quality, but also satisfies those that crave sweets (me!). I'm really pleased to own a bottle of this spray :)

IMO, this is a really great atmosphere spray, though perhaps not as evocative as other ones, and maybe it doesn't linger quite as long. I'm not able to discern the notes particularly (certainly I don't smell lily or amber), but overall this gives such a lovely, bright impression: super-clean (with a hint of laundry, yes), lightly sugared, with the faintest hint of perfuminess. It feels very much like...marble corridors open to sunlight.

I'd marry this stuff if I could. :wub2: Seriously. I'm a huge insomniac, and IT HELPS ME SLEEP! It's the perfect balance of fluffy candy and fabric softener, and to my nose that is a very good thing. I've always been fond of fabric softener scents especially when I want to relax. It's so calming and uplifting at the same time, it gives me the feeling of soaring on a bright clear day under a soft blue sky, soaring into dreamland, buoyed on magical clouds of fresh sweetness. I know I sound like I'm babbling nonsense but I tend to be really anxious and stressed much of the time and have trouble unwinding, and both this and Sakura act as aromatherapy for me in the literal sense of the word. Never mind that two spritzes on my bed last for days. Now excuse me while I go hypnotize Puddin into making an endless supply....

Edited by Invidiana

This is so pretty even though it kind of reminds me of toilet cleaner. Apparently, I have smelled some damn fine toilet cleaner in my days.

It smells of vanilla and spun sugar and floral perfume, and I see where someone got the dryer sheets! It's quite beautiful, and a real shame that more wasn't made.

In the vial: Sugary sweet and cleeeeean. Like others mentioned, laundry clean. Yet sweet.

Verdict: How odd. Yet amazing! I am very sad that I don't have any of this lovely smelling atmo spray. In fact, this is from a sniffy circle so I can't even get a very accurate gauge by spraying it-- this is my best guess based on smelling it from the vial, which is hard since there's still a tang of the alcohol spray in it. Still, I would v much so love to own my own bottle of this. *sniffle*

A kind friend sent me a decant of this, saying that it smelled like cherry popsicles. I reread the ingredients list and rolled to disbelieve, until I sprayed it.

Wonder of wonders, this really does smell like cherry popsicles: sugary, with very fruity cherry and almond notes, and a musky vanilla type undertone. It's very cheerful, artless (artfully so, I'm sure), and highly evocative of the inked pages of your favorite superhero comic book.

Any citadel smelling like this would just have to be filled with electronical gizmoes and gadgets sufficient to make any superhero fan squee!

Some of the spray got on my skin afterward (that always happens when I try to huff the air), and it was musky lily with a bit of other florals. Where in the world do the cherry popsicles come from, and where do they go on my skin?

I love this spray. It lives up to its namesake of awesomeness. It smells just like the description - sweet and clean. I'm getting some vanilla and apples (but on closer sniff I think it might be the ginger and neroli combining together). It's very nice and soothing. I wish this wasn't a C2E2 exclusive.

Old-fashioned powdery hard candy, the delicate floral kind with a fruity base. DELICIOUS. This is going on my wishlist for sure.

I thought that I would love this, but Lair of Nefarious Misdeeds is my winner of the C2E2 exclusive sprays. I love violet, neroli, and spun sugar notes, but this has an overall perfumey and slightly powdery feel to it that makes me think of a sweet, fruity-floral, generic perfume.

The musk is clean, perfumey and reminiscent of dryer sheets, but a bit sharp to my nose. The other notes mix together in a fruity-floral, sweet, candied way with a powdery edge from the amber. The crystalline musk is a little too perfumey, sharp, and heavy for me... it smells like someone sprayed my house with cheap perfume rather than with a sugary room spray...

Edited by Little Bird

I took a chance on this as a swap, because I haven't met a BPTP spray yet that I haven't liked.. but I really didn't expect to be too excited about this one - I guess I was expecting it to be one of those flowery bathroom spray types of smells. Since my fave sprays are the more "dark" ones like Bah! Humbug and Doc Constantine and Mahogany Hall, this one didn't sound at all like something I'd want my house to smell like.

Soooo.. I'm glad I chanced it - this is really gorgeous! The ginger lily is the most prominent note that I get - but it's more ginger than lily.. lightly spicy and sugary. I can smell the floral notes, but they're not at all FLORAL as such - they're just soft and sweet and very pretty. The musks are clean and bright and just a touch powdery from the amber.

The end result from two spritzes is a kind of musky bubblegum - as others have said, it's a candy type scent with a musky edge. And if I walk through the room after spritzing, my clothes pick up the scent and I smell lovely too!! Oh.. and it lasts really well! When I spray in the morning before leaving for work, I come home 9 hours later.. open the door, and get greeted by a waft of sweet clean air. I still prefer the more intense/smoky/dark BPTP sprays, but this makes a nice change - it's the one I use when I just want the house to smell fresh and clean and.. just.. nice. It's a shame this was such a limited run, because I would definitely buy another bottle if it were available.

Sweet sugary musk, touch of lilies. There's definitely a sweet candy edge to this.

Whoever compared this to clean laundry + cotton candy is pretty spot on.