Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Embalming Fluid Soap

EMBALMING FLUID SOAP
A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

The soap: absolutely smooth, sheer, silken lather.

I was lucky enough to try an early preview of several of the Villainess soaps, and have by dying for them to be released! I don't know if the formula changed between this preview and now -- my preview sample bar was several months ago, and not cut to the normal size.

That said, it has all the hallmarks of a Villainess bar: great suds, perfect amount of scent so you enjoy it in the bath, and it lightly lingers for a little bit (but not too long). The scent is a perfect match for what I was expecting for Embalming Fluid. It's a great light 'clean' scent, and I'm looking forward to buying a bar for the summer.

On the issue of dryness: my skin is very sensitive as far as dryness goes. There aren't many bar soaps (and even a good amount of bath gels) that don't make it even drier , and outside of the tropics, I tend to use an extra moisturizing bath gel with an in-shower rinse off lotion (and in arid climates, I often need a post-shower shea butter lotion application as well). Villainess is one of the better soaps I've found - my skin doesn't get all white and flakey the way it does for cheap soap. That said, I still needed to lotion up, either in the shower or afterwards, with this soap. I *was* living in the desert when I tried this, so my normal routine was a double lotion, so only needing the post-shower lotion was an improvement :)

Embalming Fluid Soap - Embalming Fluid perfume oil smells lovely but doesn't work on my skin. I was ecstatic when I first unwrapped this bar of soap and the smell wafted out -- it's very strongly-scented and soooo lovely. It's just like Embalming Fluid -- mostly green tea and aloe with a hint of bright lemon. This is an awesome soap to use in the morning - it's so bright and fresh and pretty. The soap itself is wonderful -- I love Villainess soap. It's such high-quality, with a luxurious, silken lather, and it doesn't dry or irritate my skin. I am placing an order from the Trading Post today and you better believe I'm adding in another bar of this soap. It's sooo lovely!

I have each of the soaps to try, and this is the one I chose to break out first. I'm right in the middle of finals week as a grad student, so I wanted something clean-smelling and refreshing, and this soap really worked for me.

The scent out of the wrapper is great. I've never tried Embalming Fluid perfume, but it's fresh and clean, warmed a little by the musk. I've tried a few Villianess perfumes before, and this one is similarly-scented - very noticeable, but hardly overwhelming. In the shower, this lathered well and felt nice and smooth on the skin.

Out of the bath, the scent lingers, but very close to the skin. I have combination skin - oily in some areas, dry in others - and I didn't feel overly dried-out, as bar soaps are wont to do.

I really like this one, and this will probably be a repeat purchase for a refreshing morning soap for spring and summer. (I'm also probably going to have to track down an imp of the perfume. I'm boggled as to how I've missed trying it, when I'm a fan of "green" scents.)

Hmm. This is definitely my least favorite of the TP soaps I have tried so far. While the soap itself is of great quality, lathers well, is creamy and luxurious and non-drying, it just did not hold the scent well at all. The scent was light to begin with and within a few washes it was barely there. The scent (what is left of it) is pleasant-a light lemony/aloe scent, and someone who was a bigger fan of the perfume (it wasn't for me) may dig this a lot more, but I wouldn't get this soap again.

I wanted to try this since I really like the Embalming Fluid perfume (great for hot summer days!). The soap is lovely, nice color mixture and scent, lathers well. However, the scent doesn’t seem to linger on the skin the way I had hoped. And for the price, I’d want that.

This is the second soap I've tried by Villainess. It's a truly lovely summer soap! The green tea, lemon, and aloe really shine here. It's very much like the Embalming Fluid perfume oil, except that the scent doesn't linger on the skin. In the summer, I really don't like for my soap scents to linger, so this is a positive for me, not a negative. Despite our very hard water, pH 10.7, it gives a nice, silky lather. The entire shower fills with the refreshing, clean scent, and for something with a slightly astringent smell, it's not drying to the skin. I've tried lots of natural, hand blended soaps over the years. My first bar, Shub Niggurath, lasted almost two months with heavy use both from me and my husband. It never got gooey or dissolved like some other vegetable based soaps I've used. So far, Embalming Fluid is showing the same lasting power. It's well worth the price.

I don't usually wear perfume that smells "green," (eg, I might have an imp of Embalming Fluid, but I haven't worn it in at least a year) but I often like that sort of scent in bath products. This is a great one. I enjoyed it every single day that I used it. It seemed to be more strongly scented than most of the Villainess soaps I've tried (and believe me, I've tried a LOT of them), and the lather was excellent. I have dry skin to start with, and it didn't dry out my skin at all. The scent of the soap did lightly linger on my skin for quite a while after I used it, too. (To me, it smells a bit muskier than the Embalming Fluid perfume, which I personally don't think is a bad thing at all.)

My only issue with this one was that after being in the shower for 15 minutes, enveloped in this scent, the only perfume I wanted to wear was Dorian. Usually I like to try to wear different perfumes every day, but using this soap scent put me in a strong Dorian mindset every single time I used it. So although I definitely want another bar of it, I'll have to cut it into smaller pieces and use the pieces from time to time, rather than using up the whole bar all in a row. Otherwise I'll just put on Dorian every day for a month!

I didn't find this to be as strongly scented as the Snake Oil soap, but it's definitely stronger than my bar of Port Royal was. It has the smooth, cool, fresh scent of crisp, lemon-y green tea <3. My husband really likes citrus scents in the shower and has been using this soap a lot. I find most bar soaps to be drying on my skin, and this is drying as well, but nothing that my usual lotion can't take care of. I don't notice the scent lingering on my skin after I wash, but it's nice in the bath.

As others have said, the scent is light, but it's a wonderful hot morning wake up scent. Lathers smooth, so much so I can shave with it (normally I have to use hair conditioner), comes off clean with only the slightest scent lingering. Going to need to try some of the other soaps to see if anything lingers better, but still glad I bought this one considering how hot and humid it's been the last few days.