Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

Yeah, sorry, I saw that after you posted - when I clicked on the Thread, it took me to the last post and I didn't realize there were new ones above. I know it won't have tracking, but sometimes sellers send customs #'s as proof of shipment, and although it won't give you any tracking details, if it's cleared customs, and you enter it at Canada Post's site, it will say that it cleared customs. Anyway, I would still say it's not unusual for it to take this long and it does probably mean it's been held up at customs.

I haven't ordered directly from BPAL before recently and haven't gotten my CnS for my first order yet, so I don't know if they give you a customs number or anything, but if they do, you might be able to put it into Canada Post's tracking system just to see if it's cleared customs yet.

If you receive a CnS, it will have a tracking number. However, if it's a Small Priority Flat-Rate (which the orders you pay 12$ in shipping are), it won't actually allow you to track anything - the system just logs that they received the info, nothing at all beyond that. If it's a larger package, it will have tracking that you can follow, including when it clears customs.

See my post a little bit above. ;)

Edited for DUH factor as the post wasn't directed at me.. anyway.. DUH ME.

Unfortunately mine is a smaller package (since tals are 25 each it'd pretty much take a "free shipping" order to get a bigger box, essentially since 20 bottles IS $500 :P ) so I have no way of tracing it.

Still, getting a range of "in transit through post" times is extremely helpful, and maewitch I really appreciate you mentioning that larger packages can be traced - I had not known this before (and am actually plotting the possibility of an enormous order just for me, just so I can trace it.. oh, the BPALity!)

Edited by Farenath

I'm hoping someone can calm my jitters..

I got a TAL CnS on March 1st - as of today the order still has not arrived. This has been the longest that I've ever had to wait for a package either from BPAL or TAL and I'm getting worried something may have happened to it. It was an order of about under $300, so I'm thinking maybe it's going to be hit with Customs, which I don't really mind, but does it explain the delay?

Can other Canadians tell me the longest they've had to wait for a package before, and at what time should I be contacting the customer service email for TAL with inquiries as to what to do?

Just wondering if you got your order yet? I just got a package yesterday that was mailed on the first from a forum member in California as well so if not your should be there soon I hope. :)

I'm hoping someone can calm my jitters..

I got a TAL CnS on March 1st - as of today the order still has not arrived. This has been the longest that I've ever had to wait for a package either from BPAL or TAL and I'm getting worried something may have happened to it. It was an order of about under $300, so I'm thinking maybe it's going to be hit with Customs, which I don't really mind, but does it explain the delay?

Can other Canadians tell me the longest they've had to wait for a package before, and at what time should I be contacting the customer service email for TAL with inquiries as to what to do?

Just wondering if you got your order yet? I just got a package yesterday that was mailed on the first from a forum member in California as well so if not your should be there soon I hope. :)

When I got home it was right there, shining brightly in its own little ray of sunshine and angels singing overhead (ok maybe not the special effects but it was there!! :joy: )

I got a forum package yesterday,but no si ght of the TAL order. I am really hoping it comes this week - still holding my breath for it. I've emailed the TAL customer service to find out if there's any way to find out what is going on with with it - the tracer shows it as going through a processing center in KY on March 5th (I thought the post didn't track the small packages, but I guess they kind of do).

Just feeling really sad about it right now, I was hoping it'd get here just after my mom's birthday and it's been way longer than that.

Edited by Farenath

I've searched the entire forum for an answer; is it possible to combine Bpal and Bptp orders? And if it is how do I place such an order through Paypal?

So I've been doing a fair bit of lurking on BPAL.org and LJ and trying to figure out the best way to get stuff--I live in Singapore currently and as a newbie (read: no imps or bottles or anything on hand yet) I'm trying to figure out the "safest" way to order as well as the best route cost-wise. As a backgrounder, I *have* started ordering from a few lovely ladies here in the forums, because lower shipping and cheaper imps is definitely good for me; hopefully I will getting my first real taste (or sniff!) of BPAL in a month's time! (It can't come any sooner!!)

That said, I've seen these things from my lurking in the forums:

- Someone mentioned a cap of 12 bottles (or equivalent) in an international order from BPAL. But in the BPAL FAQ it says up to 20 items and 1 item = 1 bottle. Was the 12-bottle cap more of a "to be safe" sort of cap? Leading to that--I assume I shouldn't force 20 bottles/items in one order?

- International group orders! I haven't seen a lot (or any?) in the Decant Circles/Group Orders forum here, so I have no idea how they go or if people are interested in them, and how exactly they go about (aside from what's said in the guidelines). As a complete newbie, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew with a decant circle but I certainly want to minimize the shipping cost that I'm taking on; but I realize that people who live in the same area probably know each other and just organize their own group orders off-forum. Is this the case?

Thanks for any inputs!

(Please feel free to move the topic somewhere else more appropriate! I didn't think it was right to post it under the Decant Circles/Group Orders forum, nor in the Forum Questions/FAQ as it wasn't a technical question.)

I never get over the 20 bottles so $14 covers it always :D

But it's really 20 bottles for $14 and i think they all do fit else they would not put it on the website ^_^.

As for the 12 bottles, maybe that was her cap for buying? maybe she took imps and bottles?

Edited by Icekitten

hihi :smile:

I think there might be a thread already for this kind of question, so your post might get moved by one of the mods. But while it's still here - I can try to help with your questions :smile:

- Someone mentioned a cap of 12 bottles (or equivalent) in an international order from BPAL. But in the BPAL FAQ it says up to 20 items and 1 item = 1 bottle. Was the 12-bottle cap more of a "to be safe" sort of cap? Leading to that--I assume I shouldn't force 20 bottles/items in one order?

It's definitely 20 bottles for the limit on the $14 international shipping cost from the Lab.. I've done a couple of 20-bottle orders so I know that's right. If you go over 20 bottles, your shipping cost goes up to the next rate which is $29.00. But remember that if your order totals $500 or more, shipping is free ;)

Oh.. and if you're ordering from the Trading Post, just be careful because the rates can be different if you're buying things like bath oils and atmosphere sprays since they need a bigger box.. so it's always best to email first and ask for a shipping quote on Post orders.

- International group orders! I haven't seen a lot (or any?) in the Decant Circles/Group Orders forum here, so I have no idea how they go or if people are interested in them, and how exactly they go about (aside from what's said in the guidelines). As a complete newbie, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew with a decant circle but I certainly want to minimize the shipping cost that I'm taking on; but I realize that people who live in the same area probably know each other and just organize their own group orders off-forum. Is this the case?

I do recall seeing group orders posted here, but I don't think they're done very often. They do happen on the LJ BPAL communities quite a bit though, mostly in the US - but most people are happy to have international people join in, so that can be a good way to save a few $$ when you only want a couple of things. There is an Aussie BPAL community on LJ, and I think there's also a UK one, but I'm not sure if there's one for Singapore or the Asia region - if not, maybe you could set one up! :smile: Group orders are a great way to save money on shipping, but they can be a lot of work to organise (and decant circles can be a LOT of work) so I would suggest that you take some time to get to know other BPALers a bit first - see if you can find people in your area/region and maybe start off small by sharing an order with a friend or two, before jumping in to running decant circles or group orders.

I hope that helps!

But it's really 20 bottles for $14 and i think they all do fit else they would not put it on the website ^_^.

Thanks! It was in a decanting thread, and she was saying smaller (10-bottle) decant circles worked for her because of the 12 bottle cap. Maybe I misread, or it was a long time ago! I guess I'm just really nervous :D 20 bottles is $350 general catalog bottles--that's a lot of money!! (And 12 imps (1 item) would cost even more!)

It's definitely 20 bottles for the limit on the $14 international shipping cost from the Lab.. I've done a couple of 20-bottle orders so I know that's right. If you go over 20 bottles, your shipping cost goes up to the next rate which is $29.00. But remember that if your order totals $500 or more, shipping is free ;)

Hi hi again :smile: And thanks! $500...man, if I get to that point I'd definitely be in trouble XD Plus I'd be really scared of having something that costs that much in transit!

I would suggest that you take some time to get to know other BPALers a bit first - see if you can find people in your area/region and maybe start off small by sharing an order with a friend or two, before jumping in to running decant circles or group orders.

Yeah, I'm quite hesitant myself since I don't even have any idea of what a BPAL package looks like right now! I do have a friend back in the Philippines who is keen, although I feel pretty bad because I won't be back there for a bit--a couple of months maybe. :/ I suppose I'll have to stay on the lookout--I've been refreshing the board and the lj comms a lot in the hopes of a new decant circle or anything that I can join in XD

I think that would probably not be wise for anything other than a t-shirt. They tear a little too easily, and since the perfumes are so small, all it takes is one corner going dodgy and you're out part of your order.

I had someone send me jelly beans in flat rate envelopes :lol: . At least those fit in my mailbox, the boxes the lab sends don't and every time I order something it has to be delivered by a parcel service. It might be okay with a lot of tape and bubble wrap but I prefer bubble mailers.

That's why I'm a bit worried. They've always sent in a flat-rate box but this time, and it's a pretty large order, it says it was shipping in an envelope. o.O

"Type of Service: Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope "

Scanning mistake maybe?

I think (not really sure though) that my small flat rate box was shipped in a flat rate envelope once. Probably for extra protection if the small flat rate box was really full.

My recent Lab order was shipped in a flat-rate box (bottles wrapped in bubble wrap, etc.) and then the whole shebang was sealed in a flat-rate envelope.

Just an FYI that the USPS has temporarily stopped accepting shipments to Canada, until the Canada Post lockout is resolved. (The Tories will be introducing and debating back-to-work legislation on Monday, but the NDP and the Liberals are going to fight them on it. The NDP is threatening to filibuster, in order to delay passing it until after their summer break. Which would suck on so many levels.)

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/postal+service+shuts+door+mail+Canada/4967912/story.html

Since postal service is back, I was wondering if Canadian orders have picked back up. Anyone know that, or how far behind everything this with shipping them out? Sorry, anxious to receive first order :twisted: Sorry if there's already a thread about this, I couldn't find one. If you could link me and delete this, I'll be on my merry way. Thanks, guys!

I'm currently waiting for a Pretty Indulgent package that was mid-delivery when the full strike hit - so I'm curious to see if my recent BPAL order (to be shipped post-strike) will actually arrive quicker than the order from Montreal last month!

I've gotten all the packages that were stuck in warehouses somewhere due to the lock-out, and I just got my Lab order that I placed after the post re-opened. My local posties say that the processing is pretty much back to normal now, but they're still not honoring guaranteed delivery dates yet, just in case.

There are a couple of threads that are good for this sort of information, and I think your post is going to get moved there shortly. :)

The thread here is for international order type info/questions: http://www.bpal.org/topic/6439-international-shipping-infoquestions/page__pid__1980982__st__350#entry1980982

And one here for general order questions: http://www.bpal.org/topic/20048-where-is-my-order-what-is-click-n-ship-whats-the-deal-with-ccnows-order-status/page__st__525

I'm still waiting for my order to come in the mail. It was a pretty tiny order and my CnS was on the 14th of June. It's almost been a month. Argh, stupid postal strike.

Edited by Beevee

I'm still waiting for my order to come in the mail. It was a pretty tiny order and my CnS was on the 14th of June. It's almost been a month. Argh, stupid postal strike.

Same here. I placed the order on May 18, got my CNS on June 14, and am still waiting for it. I actually received my June 16 order today (CNS'd on July 1, post-lockout) - which makes me really scared for the May 18 order. If I don't see it by the end of this week I will probably contact Canada Post and yell at them ask them to investigate.

ETA, mine was unfortunately not a small order; it was a $113 order with stuff for both myself and a friend. So I'm seriously nervous about losing it.

Edited by imaginepageant